Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration Challenge #29 - Dream


Good Morning Everyone,
I am sorry for being such a bad blogging friend - these two weeks here have been a bit of a rough one... on top of the strep that my son has - he now has the croup... (just when you thought things were getting better...) He is such a good little guy and is so sweet about taking his medicine and covering his mouth around his sister and going to the bathroom to wash his hands.... totally melts my heart. This morning around 4am when I was lying awake after being up with him for 2 hours during a cough attack - I went upstairs to surf around and suddenly saw Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge #29 was posted - what a great therapy these CI's are... I just stayed up since I was already awake and played around with these beautiful colors.


I love these colors and together - they are so cool looking. I love love love this rich dark purple and the blue and teals together felt so mediterraean - so that's what I went with. I created some waves on photoshop and cut them out and colored and shaded them a little more with my Prisma color pencils. A few of the front waves are popped up on dimensionals.

I really want to try Copics - maybe I could ask Santa for some? (Dear Santa, if you are reading this - I have been mostly good - and I didn't mean to take all the Reeses cups out of my son's Halloween bag :)

I added an outline of stickles (Eucalyptus) to the edges of the waves. The sun are four circles layered (white, 3 organge) with dimensionals - the last circle was sticklized for just a little bit of shimmer. I was going to tie a bow - but instead just laid the purple ribbon across the purple cardstock. Maybe I should have gone the ribbon bow route - (still not sure). The sentiment "dream" is from Clear Stamps - (i think Heidi Grace?)

These colors were so much fun to play around with - can't wait to use them again.

I am so grateful to all of you for coming over for a visit and all the sweet comments you have left about my little one's health - I hope to come over and visit you all soon.

Hope you are all staying healthy and happy!

Ciao for now :)
Sankari


43 comments:

Kadee said...

Very Original!

fishlips said...

Another challenge you mastered with perfection, wow its just amazing!!!

thescrapmaster said...

LOVE those waves! How pretty!

~Samantha

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Sankari, this is absolutely marvelous. I love it. Looking forward to the Friday Sneak Peek. Be well, Amy.

Brooke S said...

LOVE IT! It just makes me happy. You made the colors work so beautiful together. All the swirls with there movement are just soothing. And the warm sun is a great big hug.
Love Ya,
Brooke

Anonymous said...

This is really a great card. I never would have thought of this. Great out of the box look. Love it. Espcially that glittery sun

Christina Smith said...

I really like what you did with the waves! What a great idea!

Mae Collins said...

My son saw this one over my shoulder as I was browsing the challenge creations and he said "that looks clever!".

Ann said...

WoWzA!!!! Sankari, this is absolutely stunning! Your cards just make my jaw drop! :D

Since you mentioned your Christmas wishes, you might want to stop by and check out my blog candy giveaway... ;)

Cassie said...

Love those waves. They really stand out. It's such a pretty card.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sankari friend! Your card is gorgeous and so avant garde! I am being left way behind between you and Bevithia! I don't even think I will try this week LOL! Have fun..hugs Donna

Joni said...

Amazing card. I love the purple ski. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the card! all those layers look great!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sankari! Breathtakingly stunning. You stopped me in my tracks...well done. I love it

wendyp said...

Wow! This is stunning!!!

Hope your little one is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

wow - this is an amazing card - that sun is sparkly and eye-catching! I'm also asking santa for some copics :)

Shelley said...

I couldn't resist. I am peeking at your card before I finish my own. I make myself wait 'til I'm done to visit the sites so I'm not influenced in any way. Really like your card!

naomi said...

wow! wow! WOW!

Carol Dunstan said...

wow, this is fantastic, I love how you have used the colours

Kim Sonksen said...

What a FANTASTIC card!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Yet again... another stunning card Sankari!!!
Hope you are well.

Sarah
xx

Anonymous said...

Love your card!!!Beautiful

Catherine said...

another STUNNING work from you but then again, that's a given.

Your little boy is just too sweet and hope he feels better soon.

Kate Souder said...

I love this card! And if anyone deserves Copics from Santa, you do!

Kate

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! You're amazingly talented. Love your stuff!

Savitri said...

Woah! Stunning!! Awesome job with the challenge!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!!! Very unique and original. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!!! Very unique and original. Love it!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Wow, wow, wowy, wow what a great take on this challenge. This card blows me away you rock!!!!


Debbie/Phx

chloe said...

Totally different and cute!

Heather said...

That is very creative! I love love it! Great job! You really made those colors look wonderful together!

Deanna said...

Stunning Sankari! Love it!

Kate's Life said...

You are so creative! Love what you did with the colours! I just love your sparkly sun!

Sam said...

Sankari I am speechless! I gasped audibly when I opened your blog. This card is so many things, stunning and
wonderfully original being a couple of things that pop into my head.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I feel inspired.

:-).
Sam.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Hey~just popping over to give your card some luv, it's very enchanting... and thank you for commenting on my CSCC#3 card last week!

I hope your babies are all better!

Lindsay said...

Great card... simply fantastic.

Anonymous said...

This is amazing and absolutely fabulous!!!

Becky said...

Fabulous! WOW! I love the waves! OH OH OH Can I case it? Pretty please, LOL!!!!

zukesgirl said...

We had the same inspiration the beach - the sun! VERY cool -- love how you did the waves!

Jill said...

Oh wow! This is really striking. Fabulous card!

gale said...

What a neat card. You did a great job with those colors!

Suzanne Vaughan said...

I can only say WOW! to this! Fantastic.

Shirley said...

Love what you did with the colors and your design! So creative!