Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thank You Box with Note Cards


Good Morning Everyone,

Its hard to believe that its Thursday! Where is this week going (gosh, I feel like I am saying that alot these days - I can't keep up with everyone's schedules, the birthdays, the approaching holidays, laundry, housework and work on top of everything else  - that's why it was so great to carve out some very needed crafting time. 

I loved Julee's sketch for this week's Mojo Monday and the top half circle immediately reminded me of the opening of an envelope. I also needed to make a gift for a friend, so I thought I could use this sketch as a top cover for a box that could hold some blank cards that my friend can use.
 I loved Kristina's color picks this week for her Color Inspiration Challenge- very soothing and used her colors to create the top of the box and the cards inside as well. The theme over at PaperCraftPlanet is Gratitude and so I thought this was perfect for this months theme. If you haven't visited yet - you have to check it out - it is an amazing place to find inspiration, friends and all kinds of paper crafting tips and techniques. 

In making this gift box, have to say that I was kind of excited to create a box.... my first real box that I have made :) I have no idea of the dimensions and didn't really use a template... since I didn't really know what I was doing,  but in general - I wanted to make a rectangle box to hold the cards that I was making, so I started 2 rectangular pieces of cardstock (thick) and I scored at about 1" on all four sides for one piece and scored at 3/8"  for the  other piece. I cut and pasted the corners and voila a box was created . 

After creating the box, I started the top portion using Julee's sketch. The inside note cards are all very simple. The lines of the different colors (one of which has a scalloped edge from a corner rounder) I adhered on the bottom and lastly finished it off with some liquid pearls on the scalloped edge. 

The sentiment reads: Thanks for being you. The box has an envelope that opens and reveals a little thank you tag to write a note for the present and then the box opens up to three blank cards that they can use.  




Well, I am off to get lunch going and then off for a whirlwind of errands and working - hopefully the kids will co-operate with today's crazy schedule :)

Hope you are all well!
Thanks for visiting!
Ciao for now,
Sankari :)

will post the deets after work tonight - sorry about that ;)

41 comments:

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Great cards. I love that envelope on the front with the tag. Hope the kids behave during the errands, keep fish crackers in your pocket for melt downs. Be well, Amy.

Bev said...

Hi Sankari!!
Totally love the daisy cards. Cahute! Hugs girlie!
-Bev

Lauree said...

beautiful... i want a set like this.

Deanna said...

These are beautiful Sankari!

Louise F NZ said...

This is totally lovely, perfect little set of cuteness.

Anonymous said...

such a pretty set Sankari! ~Donna

Savitri said...

So, how was lunch? Your set is so so cute! I love the tin too, just perfecto!!

Sarah said...

What a fab little set!
Love it :)

Kim Sonksen said...

Sankari, this is a wonderful set. I am in awe

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful.

Nellie Mae said...

Wow!! So elegant, I love it!!

Sally said...

That's fabulous!

Kathie Bailey said...

Gorgeous, as usual!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Lovely as always Sankari!!!

Sarah
xx

thescrapmaster said...

That is such a beautiful set! I love how there is a little box to go with the cards. Very lovely.

~Samantha

yvonne said...

wow, what a lovely gift this would make! Gorgeous cards.

Brooke S said...

How adorable is this stationary set. You did a great job for your first box.... The flowers totally make the set... How cool that you got two challenges done at once... What can you bribe "U" with.... Hmmm...I am with Amy I put "Starburst" in my pocket it's like leading a herd of sheep. But hay it works plus the wrapper buy you a little time with the little fingers.... Mr. "Z" did so good on errands today and going to bed for BIG "A" last night I let him pick out a reward or a "Ward" as he call them. He was a little worried because it wasn't going to fit in the reward jar at home..(a lighted sword) But lucky for him he didn't have to wait on this reward. He got to enjoy it.

Hugs
Brooke

Shirley said...

The simplicity is what makes them so regal and elegant too!

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Great job!

You have a wonderful site:)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Very awesome!!! You did a terrific job!

Ann said...

Ohhhh, this is absolutely lovely! Beautiful colors and embellishments! :D

I left you an award on my blog. Stop by and see...
http://creativeantics.blogspot.com/2008/11/another-blog-award.html

The Mama Monkey said...

I love the cards and box you made for them! What I like most about the cards is that they will be useful for any occasion! I am sure your friend will love it!

Jean McKenzie said...

How beautiful and elegant this set is!! I love it!!

Hugggsss, Jean

gale said...

Very pretty cards. Your friend will love it!

Unknown said...

I love this!!

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful set!

Heather said...

Beautiful cards! I love the little box! Great job!

Catherine said...

You are just AMAZING but you know that already :)

hope you have a great weekend!

Regan said...

great project!! Very pretty cards too

Laura said...

tooooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute. I love the envelope and the cards go perfectly with it.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

this is such a fabulous project. So creative and absolutely beautiful. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I love how you combined the sketch and color challenges. And what a great gift idea.

Carin said...

Love it! How creative you are... great gift idea! thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your cards. Is your real name Sankari? I´m from Finland and here Sankari is a finnish word and it means Hero.

Great name :D

Jackie Pedro said...

What a great set of cards!! Love the colors!!

Rebecca said...

A great way to use the Mojo Monday Sketch. I love the note cards. These would make a fantastic gift!

CathyRose said...

What a lovely thank you gift! Beautifully done!

Risa said...

Wow....your card set is stunning!!!!

Christi Flores said...

Wow!! What a gorgeous set!!

Tlbran said...

Great cards! Love the daisy flowers and all the detail layering you did.