Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude, Xmas, Cupcake and Cocoa cards!

Good Morning Everyone,

First of all - can I just say that you guys are awesome!! Seriously - I am so grateful for all of your sweet comments and for the inspiration that you give to me - you are all just the best!

These few weeks have been a bit busy with my teaching schedule - so I apologize for being a bad blogging friend - but things are looking a little lighter for this week's lesson planning - so I hope to have more of a chance to blurf and craft! yay!

I feel - like I have been so far behind in my blogging - so this post is an attempt to catch up a bit... so here goes!


Sketch Challenges from PaperCraftPlanet

The first two cards come from the sketch challenges at PaperCraftPlanet. Have you guys check this site out?? It is such an amazing site created by Susanna Boyd for those who are serious lovers of all things craft related - you have to check it out and let me tell you - you won't believe all the different things that are available out there to do.... no chance at ever being bored - total place to find your mojo!!

The design team over at PaperCraftPlanet host a weekly sketch - and I can't even tell you how
honored I am to be part of this amazing team of ladies - sometimes, I wonder what I am even doing on this DT - these ladies are seriously amazing. Last week's sketch challenge was brought to us by Wendy P. The theme for November at PaperCraftPlanet is "Gratitude", so my card of gratitude inspired by Wendy's sketch (check out Wendy's sketch and her amazing card here) and used the colors from Stacy's Jewelry Color Inspiration:

The sentiment reads: "Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others." by Cicero. I loved making this card - it brought so much joy in the process of making it. I created the flowers on photoshop and spent ages cutting the flowers and leaves while chatting with my in-laws over some chai. After cutting - there was some corner rounding, a little crimping, some half back pearls and a piece of ribbon put together - all of which took less time to do than the cutting of the flowers - LOL! :)

The second sketch challenge at PaperCraftPlanet comes from this week's challenge which is hosted by the amazing Tammy H. I had to use my new set from Gina K. Designs for this card - I absolutely love this set and her luxury cardstock - is just absolutely amazing - seriously - stamping and coloring on this paper was unreal - you have to check it out! You can find Tammy's awesome sketch for this week here and more info. about Gina's amazing company here.
I had to tweak the sketch a little bit for my card... and I have to say - its one of my fave xmas cards so far - because the little boy looks like my son all bundled up... (and every single time I bundle him like that - he always has to go to the bathroom - even if he has just gone... what is up with that????!!) Here is a little close up of the coloring and snow details:
So - don't laugh when I tell you this... but I was looking to color this image - and I couldn't find my Prisma color pencils... in cleaning up last week - I cleaned up too well and now I can't find anything... so - I had to use my son's Crayola color pencils and Crayola markers... I actually raided my 3 year old son's "art supplies!" - how pathetic, I know.... I wish I had Copics.... I have been eyeing them Fo-Evah!!! but maybe Santa will check "mostly nice" in his list and drop some in my stocking :)

And while you are on PaperCraftPlanet - make sure you come over and say hi on my page there.


Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenges (#42 and #43)

My second set of cards are inspired by Taylor's blog. Since the time I found her blog - I have been hooked! Check out her 12 day's of Christmas projects - she is one amazing Artiste! I have been hooked to Taylor's Friday Cupcake challenges (you don't have to use cupcakes - but if you have em, why not!!). Last week I posted my card for her sketch challenge #42 l to Splitcoast and didn't have a chance to post it here - so I thought that I would post last week's challenge and this week's sketch challenge together: Here is last week's challenge - I loved the squares on the side and HAD to use Taylor's Stamp a Sweet Impression (SASI) stamps. I am seriously in love with these images and all things cupcake --- (by the way - guess what I made for snack on sat.? - yup, cupcakes! yummmmy!!!) Check out Taylor's store for more details here. For this sketch, here is what I came up with:

This card is mainly paper piecing and stickling... I stamped the cupcake image 6 times and paper pieced the bottom and top halves together...I created the holly leaves and then cut them out and applied Waterfall Stickles and added a little pink bling for the holly. The scalloped edging was done with a corner rounder.


The second card for Taylor's challenge, is this week's cupcake challenge. This week's sketch from Taylor is totally fun - well, every one of her sketches are just fun and lovely! I had play along - even though I should have been doing my lesson planning for the week... but I
had to take a break to play along!. I had so many ideas since I saw the sketch challenge on Friday - but, since I was short on time - I didn't have a chance to play till last night and made a quick (relatively quick :) card that didn't have any stamping. The only "ink" that it has is some Martha copper on the edges of the hot cocoa cup panel. The paper is from K & Co. and the brown cardstock is from the Paper Company (metallic brown). For this card, I adhered the wintery embellishments from Making Memories onto white cardstock with the copper edge tones. I added a little Crystal Stickles for the steam from the hot cocoa. I adhered the DP onto some cardboard for added depth and then tied some baby blue ribbon and tried to do the ribbon Donna style - and it never ceases to work - how Donna ALWAYS creates these amazing bows and even with a tutorial - I can't quite do it -- but I will keep trying!! I really love how this card turned out --- its much more glittery in real life... and it totally makes me want to have some hot cocoa... which sounds so good right about now!

Okay... have your survived reading this post so far... phew! I am exhausted - but feel somehow a little more caught up :)

All of you who made it this far - totally deserve some
blog candy!!! For more details, check back tomorrow!!!

Hope you are all having a fantastic start to your work week!
Happy Monday to all!!!
Thanks for coming over to visit!!

Ciao for now,
Sankari :)

17 comments:

Tanya said...

Thanks for your commetns on my blog!
And WOW to you too!!! You have really great work!
So *you're* part of that Cinema Challenge I see so many places and awlays think I'd better check out and join! LOL! Must add you to my list.... thanks!!

Catherine said...

okay busy bee, all these cards are just amazing and hello crayons, it really doesn't matter you color your images, you can still make wonders :)

Love both your your TECC cards, they're just adorable :)

I've been meaning to ask you, do you own SU stamps?

fishlips said...

Ok once again I'm speechless...Your cards are so wonderful...they all take my breath away with all the layers and the stunning colors...WOW

Tlbran said...

WOW! Great cards! You have definatley been busy! I absolutely adore the Hot Cocoa card! It looks so yummy-licious that I think I will need to go make me a cup! I love the rich colors and the layers you used.

PS I have an award for you on my blog, please stop by when you have time to accept it. I really enjoy seeing all the cards you create. You are so creative!

Jules said...

My goodness all your cards are fabulous! You sure did a great job coloring especially with your sons supplies!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what awesome cards. I love them all but the first two are my absolute favorites.

debinicol said...

well aren't you full of energy! I love what you have created here...especially the first one.
thanks for showing everyone.
Debi Nicol at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

WOW! What a bunch of BEAUTIFUL cards!!! REally all of them are stunning!!!

Dawn said...

Your cards are just amazing!!! I always love looking at your blog for some fresh color combos and the layouts are amazing! thanks for your kind words on my blog...

as for children having to "go" at crazy times... it happens to me at the pool ALL THE TIME!!! we "go"just before hitting the ater and then as soon as we are both soaking wet... I gotta go!!! UGH!

Donna Baker said...

ALL of these cards are over the top EXCELLENT! I especially love the cuppies with the mistletoe (the mistletoe on the left for the sketch are what do it for me!)

thescrapmaster said...

OMG you have been busy! Your cards are gorgeous! Great job.

~Samantha

Brooke S said...

Your "Hot Cocoa" card is so beautiful... The colors are amazing.. The card is just so sunny and warm... I love that you had to use "J" supplies... Just fitting for the week you were having ... What I want to know is how in the world did you get that many cards done.. With you crafty corner all closed up for the weekend.. And when did you do it all. Are you sleeping at all.... You blow me away!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love ya to death.
Hugs
Brooke

CathyRose said...

Your cards are just amazing! Those flowers are gorgeous! I love the little boy and the way you did the snowy background, and the cocoa card is so cool!

Jen said...

Your work is amazing! You have every right to be on a DT.

I love the boy card. The detail is wonderful and you did a wonderful job coloring. Crayola or not...you rock!

Shirley said...

How pretty! I really like how you picked the Aqua as the main color! Lovely~

Shirley said...

Okay, I hate it when I miss some of the cards, working from the bottom up. How creative and original with the Holly for the cupcakes. The mounting of the little boy was just perfect! How cute he is and the flowrers and bling area just wonderful too! Very beautiful cards, Sankari!

Heather said...

wow, the flowers on the first one look good enough to eat!

Super cute little bundled up guy!

and the hot cocoa one, wow, those are my favorite colors!