Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge # 8 - Miracle on 34th Street

Good Saturday Morning Everyone,

Hope you are all doing great! The Cinema Saturday pick for this saturday is: Miracle on 34th Street! Man some of you are hard to fool with the sneak peeks that Brooke posted here. I have to admit, one of my favorite part of this challenge is to read what everyone writes for their guesses -- you guys are awesome! This week's pick is a classic - the original movie was made in 1947 in black and white and a newer version was made in 1994. I don't know how many times I have seen this movie - and always what I remember: is the feeling that miracles can happen and that they do happen.

I remember watching this movie as a child and loving theme of miracles. Any story with that tagline always made me so hopeful and left me feeling like we were all connected and that our dreams could come true. This card was inspired by the theme of miracles and that larger theme of human goodness. As I was making this card, I have been watching the news of the current situation in Mumbai, India - and have been feeling this surrealness. I remember being in the Taj Hotel and now to see its state on the news is just surreal. Thankfully the family and friends that I have there are not injured - but my heart goes out to the thousands injured and all of those whose lives were taken from this tragedy. This card is inspired by the feeling of hope and of miracles from the movie and I hope that in the world that we live in today, the dream of a united world, one world family, is something that will come true.


I used the sketch that Kim has created for this week's sketch challenge at PaperCraftPlanet. You can find the sketch here. I created the mother and daughter in photoshop - because it reminded me of the daughter (Natalie Wood) teaching her mother (Maureen O'Hara) how to love fully. I cut out the figures and painted them and then pasted them on a universe scene that I created in Photoshop. I stickled the stars with Diamond stickles and painted the North Star. The cardstock is all from my scrapstash, the DP is leftover Oragami paper, the bow is from Martha Stewart and the embellishments are from a stash of scrapbook stuff from eons ago. I typed the sentiment and then printed it and adhered it.

All of those who enter the Cinema Saturday Challenge this week are entered to win some awesome Blog Candy. Don't forget to check out Brooke's awesome scrapbook layout for this week's challenge and her pictures of her adorable cutie patootie son!!!

Come on over and join the fun!!!
Check out all the details here: at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge.

Thanks so much for coming over to visit!!
I hope that you are all blessed with miracles in your life!

Best wishes,
Sankari

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Great movie this week! Your sample is breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Another beauty! I love the mom and child! And kudos to you on using your stash! LOL I feels good, doesn't it?!

Sherri said...

What a beautiful card!! ...and I love what you said about miracles! That's a great thing about this time of year, it reminds us that miracles do still happen:)

Rachel Brumley said...

Beautiful and elegant card! Nice job on the sketch!

Savitri said...

Gorgeous! Love how the little girl is looking up at her mom.

Miracles do happen. A few seemed to have happened to me. They were either miracles or just fate :)

Louise F NZ said...

Beautiful card, i LOVE the star. Fantastic movie too.

Ann said...

Beautiful, Sankari! I love the rich shades of blue, and that image and sentiment are perfect! :D

fishlips said...

On the remake my Sister in Law is one of the people on the street, They do a close up of her...

Your Card is so perfect!!!!

Jen said...

Stunning! I had no idea that you could use Photoshop for your cards...when not using photos.

Very creative:)

Catherine said...

absolutely STUNNING.

Cassie said...

Hi! Thank you for checking out my card, and for the lovely comments! This was fun, and now I think I may be hooked on cards! I'll definitely try the next challenge, Thanks!

Shirley said...

Very creative, beautiful and just so elegant too!

Anonymous said...

Very rich and interesting articles, good BLOG!