Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge # 6 - Gone With the Wind

There sure are alot of you who guessed that today's movie pick was Gone with the Wind - it was so much fun to read everyone's comments as they were guessing what the movie was from the sneak peek that Brooke posted yesterday. Gone with the Wind is a 1939 movie that was adapted to the silver screen from Margaret Mitchell's 1937 Pulitzer Award winning novel.. since then it has sold over 30 million copies. One of the most famous lines in cinematic history is the one delivered by Rhett Butler (Clark Gable) to Scarlett O 'Hara (Vivien Leigh): "Frankly, my dear - I don't give a damn." This line was declared by the American Film Institue to be the number one movie line of all time!!

I based my card on this line - on the front of the card it says: "Frankly my dear..." but then on the inside of the card it says: "you had me at hello.." which is a line from Jerry McGuire --- but it just cracked me up to splice in movie lines from different eras... :). I used the fun sketch from Kazan of 2 Sketches 4 U for this card - it was such a fun sketch :)The second card was inspired from the scene with Scarlett resolving to move forward into tomorrow... looking into the sunset. I love the silhouette and so I used that for the inspiration for this card that reads: Celebrate the Dawn - everyday is filled with possibilities and every moment holds infinite possibilites and wonder.

These cards were so much fun to make. Come on and join the fun - you can check out our Cinema Saturday challenges here. You have till Thursday to upload it! Can't wait to see your masterpieces !!!

Thanks so much for visiting!!!
Sunny smiles and hugs to all!
Sankari :)


24 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning card! Great take on Kazan's sketch this week ;)

scubasubie said...

I have left you an award on my blog, swing by and pick it up!

Regan said...

wow Sankari!!! great stuff as usual!

The Mama Monkey said...

As always, these are just gorgeous! I really, really like the one with the tree! The tree itself has so much dimension!

Beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

Super card - very very striking AND I love the twist in the sentiment - totally thought the obvious (ha!).
Thanks for playing Sankari
:) Kazan

Lea L. said...

Wow! That Gone With The Wind card is so cool! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

zukesgirl said...

WOW - beautiful cards. Just gorgeous!

Martha said...

Beautiful cards you made!!!
Martha

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Gorgeous!!

Anita said...

Beautiful, so rich and fun.

fishlips said...

Ok your talents just always leave me so so speechless.... I'm so impressed Sankari....I love your creations....WOW

Tamaroo said...

I love it! One of my favorite books is Gone with the wind so love it alot.

Tamaroo said...

I love it. One of my fav books is Gone with the Winde!

Rachel Brumley said...

WOW! These cards are beautiful! Love the background colors.

Unknown said...

These are both stunning! I love the effect of the silhouette against the the sunset colors.

Shirley said...

How totally creative! I think both card are beautiful. I love the play on lines between the two movies and the last card is just spectacular!

gale said...

Both of these are amazing!

Unknown said...

WOW! Stunning! I love the first card! So fab how you combined the two lines!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful card. Gone with the Wind is my favorite movie of all times.

Ann said...

Ohhh, your cards are truly amazing! Thanks for a fun challenge! :D

Tlbran said...

Lovely cards! Great sayings for each card. Love all the dimensions you added to the cards.

Unknown said...

This is amazing! You really captured the theme on this one...beautifully done, Sankari! Hey, I left a comment for you on my blog.
http://creationsbyar.blogspot.com

Adela

thescrapmaster said...

Gorgeous!

~Samantha

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful cards!