Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blog Awards and Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge # 7 and Blog Candy

Good Evening Everyone,

Hope everyone's Tuesday is going great! Just wanted to thank everyone who has nominated me for an award - you guys are the sweetest - and I am totally honored that you have chosen me - and totally humbled that you even read my blog or leave such sweet comments - you guys are just toooo sweet!

My friend and fellow PaperCraftPlanet Design Team Member Adela awarded me the Arte y Pico award to me - thanks Adela - you are so sweet and totally inspire all with your beautiful creations. Here are the rules for this award:

1. Select 5 blog that you feel deserve this award for their creativity, design, intreesting material and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog.
3. Each award winner upon acceptance should show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given him or her the award.
4. Link to the Arte y Pico blog, so that everyone will know the oribin of this award.
5. show these rules

So I would like to pass this Award to these amazing bloggers - if you don't already check them out - you have to see what these amazing crafters are up to - no doubt you will be inspired!
2. Anthonette of Chavez Designs
4, Tina of Traveling Mama
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My SCS blogging buddy Traci, nominated me for this beautiful Butterfly Award - so sweet Thank you so much Traci, I am totally honored! You have to check our her site and see all her lovely creations - along with reading her fun stories that she shares with her blog posts. The rules for this award is to

1. pick 10 people to pass this award to them
2. Contact them and let them know that you have chosen their blog for this award
3. Link to the person who gave this award to you

The 10 People I chose for this award are absolutely wonderful creative bloggers who always amaze me with their creativity and inspired me with their sweet comments.

1. Samantha S. of The Scrapmaster's Paradise
2. Curt - Curt's World
3. Maria - of Stampin' Inspirations -
4. Carolina - Carolina's Creative Pad -
6. Sherri - Roses in My Heart -
7.. Ann - Creative Antics -
8. Erin - Cards by Fishlips -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Traci also nominated by for the Kreativ Blogger Award - Traci - you are tooooo much!! you really know how to spoil a girl!!! Thank you so much for this double honor!!!
1. pick 5 people to pass this award to
2. Contact them and let them know that you have chosen them for this award and then
3. Link back to the person who gave this award to you.
The five bloggers who I chose for this award are just stellar crafters - they are amazing, funny, creative and total sweethearts.

1.Mackenzie - Midnight Scramper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in the midst of Award fever :) I thought I would make a little inspiration award too - to give to some of the amazing crafters in our blogland who I have had the chance to get to know- here are twenty wonderful ladies who never cease to amaze me in both their crafting and in who they are as a person. Ladies, I have totally enjoyed getting to know you through the magic of blogland and in our conversations either on the phone, through emails or the discussion boards. Check out these wonderful bloggers :)

1. Brooke of Designs by Brooke
2. Catherine of Inksomnia
3. Amy 0f Tethered 2 Home
4. Savitri of Scrapbit
5. Christiane of Eye Can Stamp
8. Adela - Creations by AR
9. Lynn - Stamperosity
12. Susanna of Card of the Week
14. Lori - Inking out loud
15. Dianna G - Stamping with Di
16. Jessica - iembellish
17. Melanie - Hands, Head and Heart
18. Erika - Stampin' Mama


This award is also for all those who are reading this - I am totally blown away by all the wonderful crafters I have met doing this blog! Even if your name isn't here - you are totally tagged!!!If you would all like to post this award on your blog and pass it on that would be great. Choose however many you would like...its hard to choose a set number... :) and pass it on!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been so far behind in posting... that I didn't even post my Cinema Saturday Card !! How did I forget that?? Probably because I already posted it on our challenge site...sigh...

This week,Brooke and I picked the movie: A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving - for the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge since it is just a classic - for the Thanksgiving Holidays that are fast approaching!


Originally,  I wanted to make a popcorn card - from the scene where snoopy tries to make popcorn and toast - but after 3 or 4 failed attempts and paper strewn about the floor - I thought I would go a different direction and go with Linus. I used Tammy's awesome sketch for the Sketch Challenge over at PaperCraftPlanet for my "Thankful Linus" card. Join our sketch challenge group here on PaperCraftPlanet - and stay tuned because this Friday, we are launching our 12 Days of Christmas giveaways!!!
I love Linus and I love that he loves his blanket. I never grew up something like a favorite blanket - but my husband did - and my mother in law has saved his blanket his little memory box of treasures, where it is preserved in its tattered glory. I printed a blank and white image of Linus from this site, and then colored him in and used some waterfall stickles on his blanket for a little extra something. I cut out the image and popped it up on dimensionals and on the oval cut from my CM oval cutters. I wrote the sentiment on some leftover foam and adhered the buttons from Making Memories. The cardstock and DP are from my scrap stash - so not a clue from whence they came...  :) This was a really fun card and the best part was making this card for my nephew and also making this card with my son.
Did you know that this Charlie Brown Special has been running on air for the last 35 years! WOW! Even listening to the theme music evokes so many memories of watching this on our couch when I was a little girl. So this year it was fun to watch it with our son who is 3. He really enjoyed the scene where Snoopy makes toast and popcorn! Brooke and I thought that it would be fun to have the kids make a Charlie Brown inspired card to post on our site too - and invite everyone to have their children or grandchildren make cards and post them too.

Here is my son making his card - he wanted to make the toast and popcorn scene. That's Charlie Brown's squiggle shirt that he drew there : totally cracked me up watching him do that... :)


And here is the finished product... He put a lot of time and effort into it and let me tell you - it was one of the cutest things watching his little hands glue everything together and explain everything to me as to what is what. Here is a picture that HE took!!! He was so excited to have take a picture for the blog :)

If you want the explanation - look no further... here it is in his words as to what is what in his picture  (I wish I had it on tape to record his little voice while he was telling me all the parts of his card..)

It was so funny to see that he drew a car for Charlie Brown and he totally insisted that the stamped sentiment that he picked out - had to be upside down. It was so nice to have some quality craft time with my son - and the cutest thing was that after he finished he told me that he had "blogged"

And as a special Thanksgiving treat - we are giving away a special little Blog candy for this challenge. We are so thankful to all those who follow our challenge site and to all those who play along. All you have to do is to make a card inspired by A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and post it to the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge site and you will be entered in a drawing to receive this sweet stamp set:


So, what are you waiting for!! Go on over to our Cinema Saturday site  for more details (click here) and join in the fun. And we would love to see the cards or projects that your children or grandchildren have made too!!! 

And that's not all. this coming Saturday's challenge has a special blog candy prize all of its own!! So come on back this Saturday for another Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge movie pick!!! 

Hope you are all having a great week so far!!!
Lots of stamping hugs to all!!

Best wishes,
Sankari :)

13 comments:

MacKenzie said...

GOOD LORD GIRL! It's blog award mania! Thanks for the shout out - so nice to hear from you :-)

I love your blog too. Keep up the super work!

Hugs,
MacKenzie

The Mama Monkey said...

Thanks so much for the award! You are too sweet! :)

Of course, I love the Linus card! It is adorable! But, I must say, your son's is too cute! How fun is it that he had so much attention to detail! And Charlie Brown's shirt...he did it perfectly!

wendyp said...

Thanks so much for the award!!!

LOVE that you labeled the photo of his card. He's going to love to look back one day and see exactly what everything was that he drew!!! Tell him he made an AWESOME card!

Melanie said...

wow, you pack a lot into your blog posts girl!! Thank you so much for this wonderful Sankari made award! I *started * makifn up one of my own to givde out, but, never finished You've inspied em to go finish it LOL! I love this cinmea idea, havbe to check them out youre Charlie Brown card is adroable and your son's oh my word, too sweet(love your chart!!) Hope i have time to take ytour challenge, family arriving today!
hugs!!!

Donna Baker said...

WOW, this post is chock-full of some blogs I don't recognize so I am going to have to check them out! Thank you for the Kreativ Award, you are so sweet! Love your son's card (DH and I started to watch Charlie Brown last night but Lucy tricking hima about holding the football so he could kick it and him for believing her for once not to take it away so he could fall on his butt frustrated me so we didn't finish watching) ugh. love your card too!

fishlips said...

Congratulations on all the fantastic awards, and thank you bunches for honoring me...

Linus the so Darling.. but your Son and his creations just won me over...

Hugs
Erin

Brooke S said...

Wow are you on fire!!! That's a lot of awards.... Thanks for sharing one of them with little old me.... My favorite part of your award post's is the pictures of "J" his chubby little hands creating a master piece... I can just hear him explaining the card with his little grown-up explanations...he just gets you deep down in the heart that one.... I hope you and the family have a great holiday week and get to enjoy one another..

Super Huge Hugs to all the Wegmans'
Love ya
Brooke

Brooke S said...

Right back at ya girl...Your tagged
Hugs
Brooke

Sherri said...

Awe thanks for the sweet award! You are such an encouragement to me!:)

...and once again I love your card for this week's challenge - sorry the popcorn thing didn't work out, but I love what you and your son each made!!

Jen said...

Sankari, Wow you are very busy! I love the card with Linus. It reminds me of my niece with her two fingers in her mouth and blankie against her cheek.

The card created by your son is priceless.

Catherine said...

OMG, Sankari. Congrats on all your awards and it's such a pleasure receiving one gorgeous award from you... such a sweetheart! And i truly glad i found you in this crazy blogland. And one day, (hopefully!) Toni and I will visiting you in IOWA. K, just wanted to make sure, that's where they filmed Fields of Dreams right? LOL!

Shirley said...

Your cards are just wonderful as always. And you so deserve the awards! And so generous to start another one for you to give. I love your son's card and I think he is very very creative for his age. A real artist. Please give him a hug and a kiss from me for his beautiful creation.

Tlbran said...

Love your Charlie Brown card! It is so adorable. I always love watching the Charlie Brown episodes, it reminds me of when I was little also.