Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sweet Friend Card (2nd card for Kristina's challenge & 2S4U challenge)

Happy Thursday everyone,

A quick post for a quick card that I just made this morning for a dear friend of mine in town. A few days ago she gave me a box of embellishments. When I say a box, I mean a crate...  literally, a crate. She has had a ton of stuff and was giving them away and she gave some boxes of things to friends she knows are into craft stuff. I was just blown away by her generosity and have wanted to make her a thank you card. 

While going through the box this morning, I came across these felt flowers that were so similar to Kristina's color inspiration challenge this week, that I had to make a second card. The flowers felt like it could work with Laura's sketch #12 this week at 2S4U (I have missed playing these sketches and was so psyched to be able to play this morning). 

The swatch of colors for this week are Pacific Point, Taken with Teal, Elegant eggplant, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White. I totally totally totally love these colors together - for some reason - it reminds me of an Indian sari that my mom has... and so I had to play again. 

You can check out my first card Kristina's CI here or just scroll down one post). I rounded my white cardstock, rounded the "teal" color that I had and added the felt flowers that were in the box of embellishments that my friend gave me (they are from the company "Handmade Art"). I used a blue Marvy Matchables to stamp the sentiment "Sweet Friend"  from Taylor's SASI collection. The ribbon is from Offray, the blue scallop-y edge is from a Martha punch. 

I can't wait to give her this card with elements from the gift she gave me... so sweet of her...
Hope all of you are having sweet days. 

Thanks for coming over for a visit,

Ciao for now,
Sankari :)

come on over on friday for a sneak peek for Cinema Saturday's Creative Challenge. 

32 comments:

kana said...

Very CUTE! ;)

Deanna said...

Perfection! Love it!

fishlips said...

Thanks bunches for the sketch, your card came out just amazing, wow do I ever just love the bold bright colors and the flowers and ribbon too... Great Card!!!!

Liz Goldhawk said...

Love the sketch, and your card is amazing! I love it!

Louise F NZ said...

This is totally stunning, I love how you have kind of flicked the sketch around.

Anonymous said...

You are simply amazing Sankari! Another beautiful creation

Savitri said...

Woah, got motivated to do another one, huh? :) Super, super cute!! Love love love it!

Hope the kiddo's doing well and you got some rest! Take care, lady!!

Rachel Brumley said...

Sankari

Your card is beautiful! I love how you tied that bow.

Brooke S said...

What a sweet friend. How fun especially because you don't have much to get your hands on close to you. I love this card. The bow is so beautiful. You are so amazing. The layout worked out just perfect. Can't wait to talk. Actually dying to talk.
Hugs
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love the felt and the ribbon. Wonderful.

Laura Davis said...

Wow this card is just stunning! the color combo is beautiful!
I also love the idea of your challenge blog and wish you lots of success with it:)
Laura

Dawn said...

Your cards are just completely amazing! I love seeing what you create and you always wow me! LOVE this... again! Very awesome!

Anonymous said...

FINALLY! Your link is working....very nice card Sankari I LOVE the ribbon, but then I LOVE ribbon LOL! I think Krisitna is gonna love this too! Good luck :)

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is such a winner! Great job with the sketch, then to make those colors work so fabulously too, wow! The felt flowers and big ribbon are sooo yummy, love it!

Unknown said...

Really pretty! Love those felt flowers.

Catherine said...

STUNNING!

Unknown said...

great card ~ perfect for both challenges!!

zukesgirl said...

Love the scallops and that ribbon is gorgeous!

Kate Souder said...

You are amazing! What a terrific idea for a sweet friend.
And thank you, as always, for your kind comments on my cards.

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Great card how fun and great job with the challenges. Have a great weekend and TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Eva said...

Oh....this card is sooo awesome!!! Love the flowers and that bow is amazing!!

Jill said...

Your card rocks! Love all the texture and dimension.

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Beautiful card, love that big bow!!!

Martha said...

Love your card. Especialy the bow.
Beautiful colour.
Martha

gale said...

That is so cute. I love the felt flowers.

Kristen Swain said...

lush colors and lucky you! what a great friend- I'm sure she'll love her card!
kris

Eveline said...

It's beautiful.
Eveline.

Anthonette said...

Hi Sankari, those felt items totally match Kristina's colors. Gorgeous card! Great job with the challenge. What a nice friend to give you a "crate" full of supplies.

Tlbran said...

Cute card! Love those felt flowers.

CathyRose said...

What a great gift! You can never have too many embellishments. Beautiful card, she'll love it!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I just LOVE felt flowers! Very, very cool card!

Shirley said...

It drop dead gorgeous! The whole card just radiates wow!