Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blast From the Past Blog Hop #6 from Taylored Expressions






Blast from the Past Blog Hop
Hi Everyone,





Welcome to the 6th Blast from the Past Challenge from Taylored Expressions, where every month customers and fans of TE can sign up for a blog hop where we create something from previously released stamp sets!  This month the theme for the Blast From the Past challenge was to create a card with a theme that is either Autumnal or Thankful. I decided to use the gorgeous stamp set from Taylored Expressions called Celebrate Life . I used the sketch provided for the challenge. 

I wanted to create a card to a special friend with whom we won't be able to spend Thanksgiving with this year, so I used the lovely sentiment: "Thinking of You" in the center and stamped the gorgeous leaves in this set around the image panel. After stamping and coloring the pumpkin, I stamped it again and popped it up on dimensionals. I used the October Key Ingredients (you can read more about the Taylored Expressions  Key Ingredients here, where you can get a monthly kit full of coordinating cardstock, DP and ribbon & embellies  - its simply awesome!)) for all of the papers and ribbon for this card. 



Here is a close up of the sentiment and leaves. I alternated glazing the leaves  and popped up the sentiment with some dimensionals. I cut a green mat for the circle and curled it around the pumpkin image panel.



Card Ingredients:
Paper: October Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions
Stamps: Celebrate Life from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento LadyBug Red, Tangelo, Cantaloupe, Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Spellbinders, twine, liquid pearls (lettuce), corner chomper, glaze

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I loved making this card - especially because its for my dear friend (and somehow making it got me very excited for some pumpkin pie!)

Check out all the amazing creations on this November Blast from the Past - and Taylor will be drawing one random hopper to receive a FREE Taylored Expressions stamp set of their choice and will also be choosing another creation to be featured in an upcoming TE newsletter - if you didn't have a chance to play along in this hop - no worries - just stay tuned to Taylored Expressions to here more about how to sign up for the next one!!

Happy Thursday!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)


24 comments:

Alina said...

wooow... great card!!! I love your cards and the colors you use are so happy :)

Cassie said...

Hey Sankari! Gorgeous card! Thanks for the fun sketch :D

Regina Mangum said...

Hello, darling Sankari! This is another stunner! Great sketch, by the way...I'll have to save it for another card! XOXO

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! What gorgeous colors, Sankari, and I love how you glazed up the leaves and pumpkin top...beautifully done!!!!

Peggy said...

Gorgeous card! Love the dots!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Sankari! Love how you did the leaves.. thanks for sharing such a wonderful sketch!

Karen Motz said...

This is STUNNING!!!!! You have such a way with vibrant colours...I envy how your mind works to combine everything!!!!!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

As always, your details are spot on!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

TannyP said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Melody said...

Amazing as always!

Dana White said...

I really like your card & your banner

Cyd said...

This has so much depth and richness! Absolutely beautiful.

Ashley Newell said...

This is just stunning, my friend! As beautiful as you are if that's even possible! I love it!

Stacey Schafer said...

totally gorgeous!

Taylor said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the glossy accents and of course all of your signature pearly dots!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

This is so pretty and elegant--I love the scallops on top, that is a nice touch!

Chris L.

Natalie said...

Wow!! Those glazed leaves are fabulous. What a fantastic sketch you created as well, I'm bummed I wasn't able to play along this month! Your card is over the top gorgeous!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Sankari! Who would have thought we'd use the same set! LOL

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Sankari. Love the pumpkin image. Fabulous sketch as always! :o)

Radha said...

Gorgeous!!!
Love the leaves.
The glase, the dots!!! the color...I love it all!
Do u mean I missed the blog hop this time????
:(((
My Pinquins are waiting.... for X-mas!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

What do I even SAY to someone who is THAT amazingly talented, HOLY CRIPES! This is the most gorgeous and ornate take on the sketch-I'm in awe, girlfriend!

Luanne said...

Fabulous colors! Love that labels 14 die too. You have the most cheerful wonderful creations,TFS!

Anonymous said...

Another stunning card! I love each and every amazing detail. THanks for another amazing sketch!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!! what an awesome card. Love it!!!!!!!