Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks - Day 2

Hi Everyone,


Welcome to Day 2 of Sneak Peeks from Taylored Expressions, where today, the  Baker's Dozen will be previewing samples from the adorable stamp set called From the Heart and its coordinating mini stamp set called From the Heart Funnies (this funny/punny stamp set go along with all the different stamp images in the From the Heart stamp set). All of the stamps that are peeked this week will be released on Thursday at 8am PST!!


This stamp set was designed and illustrated by Taylor for the *te* line of stamps and this set, I think is THE go to set for making tags and coordinating cards for celebrations all year long (from Valentine's, to birthdays, to party favors, to holidays gift giving, etc.) and it comes with 19 different images !!!. 


And my FAVE thing about this set is that it comes with a coordinating Taylored Expressions die called: From the Heart Frame that is to "die" for!!! You know how much I love cutting, but I love cutting everything with this die even more - its so precise and perfect everytime you place the die over the coordinating stamp image. 




For my project today, I wanted to create a little giftset for a dear friend of mine who LOVES tea - so I used the sweet little kettle image with the coordinating statement "you're my cup of tea" and used the sweet sentiment ring "a special brew just for you" to use for the tag as well. I used the lovely papers from October Afternoon (Thrift Shop) and some of the yummy Caribbean Satin ribbon as a trim. I got an airtight jar and filled it with some yummy Indian Tea powder and created a coordinating card for my friend:




Project/ Card Ingredients:
Stamps: From the Heart and From the Heart Funnies from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento LadyBug Red, Angelic Pink and Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Taylored Expressions From the Heart Frame and  Scalloped Eyelet Border dieScalloped Sparklers (Blue), Baker's Twine Sampler, copics, Dimensional Pearls (Adirondacks) Terra Cotta, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Glossy Accents (glaze), Caribbean Satin ribbon, EK success slim edger punch (open scallop), corner rounder and dimensionals. Airtight jar for the tea powder.


Here is a picture of the card. I used Taylor's awesome Friday Sketch #132 for this card and I LOVE how the Frame Your Heart Die fits the center focal image in the sketch. I stamped the frame in LadyBug Red ink and then cut it out with the die (LOVE that it cuts so precisely!) I created a little frame for it by cutting out the center and then added two little tags - one for the sentiment and one for the tea cup using some Baker's Twine

I love using this Scalloped Eyelet Border die and used it to create a frame for the two edge pieces in the sketch. Here is a close up of the card, I added a little scalloped sparkler to the bow (LOVE these sweet embellies) and that heart that is stamped in some Angel Pink ink is also one of the images from this sweet stamp set. I cut the From the Heart frame die over the stamp set and then I cut out the middle with my circle nesties and then popped up the whole frame with some dimensionals. To the middle of the frame, I added the little tea kettle that I punched with my circle punch. To the frame I added the little tea cup with some Baker's Twine and of course, I had to add some Dimensional Pearls from Adirondacks!!!




I decorated an airtight jar with yummy indian tea powder in the same way - here are some pictures of the jar and the top of the jar:

There are 3 different sentiment "rings" that fit inside this frame (you can stamp inside the frame and then die cut it out, or you can punch out the circle and then adhere it over the die frame image, or use it by itself as well!). Here is a close up of the sentiment ring that I attached using some Baker's Twine and I finished the cup off with some glaze.



Here is a picture of the top of the jar - also done the same way:



I love creating little personalized gifts for my friends - its such a nice way to make a simple gift very special. With the holidays coming up - this is such a great stamp set to have on hand for making tags to personalize big and little gifts!

I can't wait to see what all the lovely ladies have created with these ADORABLE stamp sets and awesome From the Heart Frame from Taylored Expressions (all of these and more will be available on Thursday at 8am PST!)

Hop on over and check them out with me!!!



Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

16 comments:

Taylor said...

What a beautiful gift, Sankari! Your projects always have such dimension! I love that you punched out the inside of the frame and popped it up and of course all the fabulous liquid pearly-ness!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I don't know how you manage to hit it, simply, OUT OF THE PARK, EVERY time...but YOU. DO. I LOVE this. so pretty and the papers are perfect as is your coloring-this is simply darling!!!

Alina said...

It is so adorable! I like your project! Very vrey nice!!

Rose said...

Stunning card and gift tag and jar. I just love your style. Love your eye for color, texture and embellishments.

Becky Thomas said...

Beautiful as usual, Sankari. When you say glaze--what is that? I love the way it looks.

Sankari W. said...

Thanks so much Becky - the glaze is from the Glossy Accents from Inkessentials - you can find this in Taylor's Store right here:

http://www.tayloredexpressions.com/item.php?item_id=1859&category_id=211

please let me know if you have any more questions!!!
hugs,
Sankari :)

Lea L. said...

Your cards are always so full of amazing details!! I just love this...the embossing, the accenting, the stamping...all of it! Great job with the sketch! ♥♥♥

Jodi Collins said...

Indian tea powder? I am SO intrigued! This is SO gorgeous girlie! LOVE how you layered the tag frame!! GENIUS!!!

Regina Mangum said...

Sweet Sankari! This is so lovely and gorgeous and SO YOU. XOXO

Lisa Petrella said...

Gorgeous gift set, Sankari!!! I love all of those yummy layers you created! And the color combo is so pretty!

Radha said...

Hai hai!! Kia bat hain!!
Love it my dear!!!
GR8 creation!

Jackie Pedro said...

OH......My.....Word......I just love how you layered the die! Gorgeous gift set, Sankari!!

Karen Motz said...

Your friend is going to LOVE this!! There's so much dimension and I love all the circle motifs!!!

Chinnu said...

Simply amazing! Love your use of color, dimension, shapes and textures.

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh goodness love love love this! Totally my favorite papers...you just know how to touch my heart. You were channeling me, weren't you?? :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a beautiful gift set, Sankari! You have totally rocked this release! Totally!