Saturday, November 27, 2010

JustRite Nested Verses: Sent with Love and Rememberance

Hi Everyone,

One thing that I was so happy to do was to have a chance to sneak down to my craft nook and create while everyone was engaged in some other activity! The holiday season has started in full gear and as the Christmas trees started to go up after Thanksgiving dinner, I thought of a couple of friends of mine who have lost their loved ones and that this holiday season is going to be tough for them to go through without their dear ones with them. Its always hard to create a sympathy card - for some reason, it just doesn't seem enough... or the words just don't seem quite right...

I knew that I wanted to use this sentiment: "Sent with love and Remembrance" - from the Sympathy Nested Verses from JustRite Stamps. This sentiment is so simple and perfect because I just didn't want them to think that their loved one was forgotten. I used Julee's gorgeous Mojo Monday sketch #166 for this card. The sentiment was stamped with the Clear Horizontal Stamper onto which I also added the small frame from the Baroque Nested Frames stamp set to create a frame for the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment again and then raised it up and popped it over the sentiment area. The frame was colored with copics. I created a rose from the Restoration Paper DP and added a bling to the center. The bottom of the card has liquid pearls at two different angles and the card was finished with black satin ribbon and bling trim.

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Crate Paper, Bazzil and PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and copics
Accessories: Bling from Want 2 Scrap, ribbon from Flourishes, EK success punch, liquid pearls (Cranberry), sponger, corner chomper, sizzix die cuts, black mesh from prima, bling from GCD studios and dimensionals. 

I have to make a few more cards and as hard as it is to create sympathy cards, I hope that even if the words inside aren't enough, I hope that they can bring a moment's comfort to someone else. Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Hope that you and your family have a safe and lovely Thanksgiving weekend!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

4 comments:

Brenda said...

This is beautiful!

Noor Nahdi said...

What a stunning card!!!
Love all the details...
Keep inspiring :)

Nae said...

Beautiful Card!!!

Rose said...

Your card is beautiful and the fact that you sent it from the heart, made with your own hands will be appreciated by your friends. A beautiful tribute for sure.