Monday, November 1, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks - Day 1

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to Day 1 of Sneak Peeks from Taylored Expressions where this week the sneak peeks from the stamp sets that will be released this Thursday at  8am PST - that will KNOCK your sock's off with their cuteness!!! There are so many possibilities for different cards and gift items with all the different images and amazingly adorable and witty sentiments!!! Today all of  the Baker's Dozen are featuring the beyond awesomely adorable stamp set designed by Nancy McKinney called: What's Cookin''? which features such cute images from the kitchen and perfect sentiments that are handy for both hostess gifts, gifts for you favorite cook or a card for that special dear one!

As soon as I saw the sentiment "You make Everything Buttah!" with the cutest butter dish ever (!) I couldn't wait to make a card with it! I stacked the butter dishes by stamping them with my stamp-a-majig and then colored and glazed them up. I used Taylor's friday sketch #131 (you can find all of Taylor's sketches here - i love going through them and seeing all the amazing inspiration, which is a great way to get your mojo going!). 

here is a close up of the glazed butter dishes :)



Card Ingredients:
Stamps: What's Cookin' from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Inks: Tuxedo Black and Lilac Posies
Accessories: Adirondack Liquid Pearls Butterscotch, TE scalloped Die, Corner chomper, 3/8" Rose satin ribbon from Taylored Expressions, dimensionals, and Paper Pretties

For my second card, I couldn't wait to use the sentiment "Thank you to the hostess with the mostess"!!! Its such the perfect sentiment for the party season which has begun in full swing (from Halloween through Thanksgiving and then to Christmas holiday parties - its whirwind of sweet delight!!) I thought it would be fun to create an apron card and used these sweet papers from Doodlebug designs that can be purchased separately at the store.

I cut my Choice Snow White cardstock  for an A2 card and then using a pencil, I traced around both sides at the top and cut out areas by the shoulders by hand - the rest of the card was easy to make - just layering one of the patterned papers from Doodlebug at the top portion of the card and the other on the bottom - and in the middle I added some scallops and used the sweet Scalloped Eyelet Border die from Taylored Expressions (which is my new favorite die!!). I created a little pocket for the card and cut out the spatula stamp that I had stamped onto some blue cardstock from my stash. I finished it off with some eyelets and ribbon for the apron ties. 


Card Ingredients:
Stamps: What's Cookin' from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Inks: Tuxedo Black and Ladybug Red

I had so much fun creating these cards and can't wait to see what the other girls from the Baker's Dozen have been cookin' up for today's sneak peeks!!!! Come on over and hop along with me!


Thanks so much for stopping by today - please stop by tomorrow for more sneak peeks from tomorrow's stamp sneak release!
Hugs,   
Sankari :)

13 comments:

Taylor said...

Too cute, Sankari!! I love the apron shaped card...it's adorable! And all the butter dishes make me giggle! :)

Radha said...

L O V E IT thank u 4 the pinch!
Love it!!!

Regina Mangum said...

Sankari! You continue to astonish me. Gorgeous cards and that apron card is to die for! So Sweet! XOXO

Rose said...

Oh my gosh your card is adorable, Paula Deen would be so proud to receive this card. The apron is so danged cute, awesome work.

Jami said...

The stacked up butter dishes are so darling and I just love that apron thank you! Any hostess would be thrilled to receive that!

Amber Hight said...

This is so cute Sankari! I especially love the apron card, so cute!

Danielle L. said...

Oh my goodness! You are KILLING me with the fabulousness of both of these cards!!! :) Gasp... must recover breath!

Natalie said...

So cute!!! Love your cheery colors and all the extra detailed work!! Love it!!

Jodi Collins said...

Hehe! This totally makes me smile! LOVE your buttah pyramid!!!

Karen Motz said...

These are fabulous!!! I love all those stacked butter dishes and the apron card is super cool!!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Ok just STOP!!! Love all those stacked butters (that's how much I like melted on my popcorn) so TOTALLY appropriate for me HINT HINT! :)
And then the apron...I'm speechless...

Laurie Chilton said...

Love Love Love this Sankari! Wonderful job :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are just TOO cute!