Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #100 - Pride & Prejudice



Welcome Everyone to our 100th Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - where this week we are picking the movie that YOU voted on: Jane Austen's classic novel turned cinema magic: Pride & Prejudice! There are a couple of different versions of Pride & Prejudice, but for myself and some other die hard Jane Austen fans, it always feels like the "real" version is the 1995 Pride & Prejudice BBC production featuring on Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle!) 

I still remember "meeting" my dearest Brooke in blogland while doing the KW Color Challenges. It was so much fun to hop over to her blog and see her fantastic take on the color challenges. I have always watched a movie or a show while making my cards and I loved that she listed what she watched at the end of her card ingredients - so I did that too and we discovered that we had the same movie loves - and then one day I called her and I got to hear her sweet voice on the phone and I can't even tell you HOW many hours we spent talking the first time - and still we could have talked for days more!!! We thought it would be so much fun to create cards inspired by movies - since that's what we are watching while we make cards :) And so the Cinema Saturday challenges were born with our very first movie challenge: Pride and Prejudice! It is so fun to re-visit this movie and come full circle with it being our 100th movie! For our challenge requirement this week - we thought it would be very "proper" to have a hint of lace in your movie creations (or more than just a hint if you would like :) We are so excited to see what you have created and to celebrate our 100th challenge we also have some wonderful prizes from some amazing companies to celebrate our 100th birthday! 

******* We are so thankful to Verve StampsGina K. DesignsTaylored Expressions and JustRite Stamps for being our amazing sponsors - who together are sponsoring our 100th challenge with $100 worth of prizes!!!!

There are some rules for this challenge since there are prizes involved - one of them is to not use any other card challenges or challenge elements from another challenge with this 100th cinema challenge project (***** unless it is a layout using one of our sponsor's sketch). The other one is to use the challenge requirement for this movie which was to use a hint of lace and to include where you got your inspiration from in the movie. 

There are some other rules for the challenge this week - please check out the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog for all the rules, deets and times!. 



I don't know anymore how many times I have watched the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice (you would think that I would remember how many times I have watched a 6 hour movie!!! lol!) I can watch this movie everyday and not get bored, I can watch it for hours on end will I craft or knit and know what the next line is, and when I read the book, I can see this movie in my head - it is so true to the book and the characters are just as I imagined - although Mr. Darcy (Colin) in the lake scene totally won my heart more than I imagined Mr. Darcy in the book ever could :) 

For my project today, I wanted to do something with the fact that I can watch this movie so many times - and the reason I think that I can is because of the love that Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth have for each other is something both passionate, reserved and respectful. Their love story builds slowly and solidly - they are attracted to each other's integrity and intelligence and as they discover towards the end - there is no one else that they would rather be with than each other - regardless of the prejudices of class that might have separated them. I wanted to create something inspired by their love story - so I create a little something for my beloved DH. Its really rare these days that we even have a picture of just the two of us - so when my friend snapped this picture of us I was so excited to be able to do something with it. 
I created a page using some of the damask pattens that are seen in the movie either in the couches or the wallpapers. I wanted to keep the feeling like a modern vintage and  so added little touches of black rather than brown. All of the papers and flower and ribbon (and hat pins) aren't those sweet little crystal hat pins so lovely - it kind of reminded me of their hats and hat pins from the movie) are from Taylored Expressions


The lovely sentiment is from Verve Stamps"A true Love Story Never Ends." I love how this turned out and I had a shadowbox frame for my scrapbook page so that one could still see the dimensionality of the project. I can't wait to give this to my DH for his birthday :)



Project Ingredients:
Ink: Memento Ink: Bahama Blue
Accessories: Adirondack dimensional pearls (Terra Cotta), EK success scalloped punch, Caribbean ribbon, Spellbinders, bling, Vintage Brooches (Flower) from Sassafras Lass, Maya Road Crystal Trinket pins, dimensionals and sponge dauber.

I loved making this little page for my beloved DH and can't wait to see what you create!!! Hop on over to the Cinema Saturday Challenge and check out all the PRIZES and the rules for how you can win!!!

A huge thank you to all of you who have played along! And a HUGE thank you to my dearest movie sister Brooke - with whom its been so much fun to create these cinema challenges - she is amazing and I can't wait to finally meet her one day soon and give her a big hug! Thank you Brooke for everything you do to make these Cinema challenges fun - I ADORE and love you!!!

And a huge thank you to YOU and to our wonderful Sponsors for making this 100th challenge so special!!!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous and romantic layout! It's what Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth would have liked for their scrapbooking page! Love your inspiring work! Congrats on the 100th challenge! Way to go, Sankari!

Tanya said...

Beautiful! And that is my favorite book of all time, and the Colin Firth film version is my fave!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your page is truly a work of art and love! Your husband will cherish this forever. I LOVE Pride & Prejudice and this challenge will be fun!

Radha said...

I simply love this!
Elegant and LOVE!!!!
P &P is close to the NOTE BOOK! :D

Brooke S said...

I simply adore you too oxoxxo.
Thanks for the sweet words. I will treasure you forever... My sweet sunny Sankari...

I love the project you made for Mr .Darcy (Keith) He is a much better catch for you.. A perfect fit.. A dream come true... You both are truly blessed to have each other and you sweet little kiddos...

LOVE YOU FOREVER~
Brooke

Crystal said...

BEAUTIFUL ! Wonderful combination of colors and embellishments! Love your work !

Becky Thomas said...

I love Pride and Prejudice--especially the Colin Firth version. Your page is beautiful!

Unknown said...

You are just too cute! And your page is beautiful! I'll bet your husband will love it.

TLady said...

Sankari!
I have been trying to leave a comment---as I did some artwork for this challenge.... I can't seem to get through!!!! HELP?????
I am on Paper Craft Planet-- Becky Green.