Monday, October 5, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You - #36 - Swan Song


Good Morning Everyone,

Today brings another awesome sketch from Laura of 2 Sketches 4 You - I LOVE this sketch with the dots and the scalloped bottom.) I couldn't wait to play along!!!!and this week's sponsor is Sakura of America. I ADORE their glaze pens - they are simply the best - so quick, easy and smooth and they give the image a nice glazed and raised look. I also love the way that it adds a whole lot of shine to the card - and since its a pen - you can use it in very small areas. If you haven't tried their awesome products - you have to check them out here.

I loved this sketch and the scallops reminded me of waves and that immediately reminded me of the beautiful Verve's Swan Song set and so I stamped the sentiment in two shades of Memento ink and then glazed them over with the orange and blue glaze pen with some dots from the yellow glaze pen. I then stamped the swan and colored the swan in with copics and then glaze it with the clear glaze pen:
Here is a closer peek at the areas that I used the Sakura glaze pens - you can see the shine on the waves and on the lines - i LOVE how smoooooooooth they are :)

Card Details:
Paper: Kaiser Off Shore Collection
Ink: Memento
Accessories: pearls from Kaiser, spellbinders, Sakura of America liquid glaze pens, ribbon from stash, sponger and dimensionals

I hope you play along with us over at 2S4U and don't forget to check out the awesome creations by rest of the DT over at 2 Sketches 4 You!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!
hugs and happy Monday!!!
Sankari :)

14 comments:

cnelson said...

This simply could not be more gorgeous!! You never cease to amaze me with your incredible talent!! I'm so in awe!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is GORGEOUS, Sankari!!!

Cassie_lu said...

the use of those glaze pens are great

Norine said...

love this card the colors are so soft and warm really pretty
Hugs
Norine

WickedPixie said...

WOW!~ Your cards are always stunning! I just don't have the words to express how much I enjoy them! Thank you! :-)Traci

KL said...

your cards are more and more beautiful and detailed everyday...what lovely work! we love you (and your work) over here...and are thinking of you all the time! kisses to the little ones =) miss you...xoxo, K

Naomi said...

Good gracious, Girl! This is GORGEOUS! I don't have those pens, but have been thinking of getting them lately. That's an awesome sketch, I will have to play along with that one, too!

Kim Sonksen said...

*sigh* no one, but NO ONE uses the pens in suc a beautiful fashion as you do. Stunning as always and in my next life, I come back as you
xo

Ida said...

Oh My Gosh this is fantastic. I just love the creative and beautiful way you've used the swan with the patterned paper.

Margaret de Witt said...

Very nice Sankari. This may just give me the boost and inspiration I need to pull my Sakura's out of my closet and put them to good use. LOL

Louise F NZ said...

This is stunning, I have the papers but they never look this good when I use them.

Anonymous said...

these cards are so pretty. I love how shiny they are. Those pens are great.

Radha said...

Love them all:)

nasuha ahmad helmi said...

hi sankari,
i've been brOwsing all yOur works and they're sOooo amazing!!! i'm officially one of yOur big fans now...=) really amazing and creatively wOrks..the details On yOur cards are just fantastic!
thank yOu for these inspiring works!
have a nice day!