Monday, October 19, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You -Laura's Sketch #37 - Eat Drink and be Scary!

Good Monday Morning Everyone,

Monday brings us another awesome sketch from the lovely Laura at 2 Sketches 4 You, where this week the sponsor is Creative Cuts and More. They have premade templates and die cut cards already to go - so its a simple piece of cake to put together a project.

This week for the sketch, I used one of their coffin templates to create this little favor box full of yummy Halloween treats :). I had fun adapting the sketch to a 3D element :) Before I adhered the sides of the coffin together, I traced around a DP and then cut the image to fit ontop of the cofffin favor box. And then I used adhered the sentiments finished it off with some fibrous ribbon for a little extra effect. And the last touch was adding the blueberry candycorn - its true -they do make blueberry candy corn - and they are yummy!

Card Details:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Ink: Stazon Black with blue Sakura pens over them
Stamps: Spooky Expressions from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: dimensionals, ribbon threader - everything else from the Halloween Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions (and ps. it was so hard not to snack on those candy corn while making this project!)

I had a lot of fun with this sketch and hope that you will give it a whirl this week! A big thanks to Creative Cuts for sponsoring this week - you have to check out 2 Sketches 4 You to see all the yummies that you could win and also to see the wonderful projects by the Design Team!!!

Thanks for stopping in today!
Hope your monday starts a fabulous week!
Big hugs :)
Sankari :)

8 comments:

cnelson said...

Absolutely SPOOK-tacular!!! LOOOOOOOVE this so much! Fun take on the sketch!

scubasubie said...

OMG Those coffins are sooo cute! I love it! Great job!

About Flying Leap said...

I love this latest one--you are so creative, booty! working on my blog at the moment and needed some Sankari inspiration:))

About Flying Leap said...

love your blog--so inspiring! (wrote a comment a few secs ago..didn't show...I'm new at this :))

Kim Sonksen said...

How gorgeous!!! Makes me wanna dig into my computer screen! YUM

Leonie said...

That candy corn look delish, does your coffin justice, great project :)

gale said...

So cute-what a great way to use magic mesh (that is magic mesh right?). Great job!!

Naomi said...

Oooh,,,,spooky! Love the coffin, how cool is that!