Sunday, October 11, 2009

Let Your Light Shine!

Good Morning Everyone!
Happy Sunday! Today, I wanted to share with you a scrapbook layout that I made for the Verve Project Parade, where the challenge this month is to create a project with Encouraging Words. Each of the projects have been so wonderful and the sets that Julee creates really makes it so easy to share a part of our heart with those around us. As soon as I saw "encouraging words", I knew I wanted to make something for my little man - he started school this year - and I wanted him to always remember that he is our shining star. I made him a 12x12 layout on an Acrylic cutout that can be hung from his room. The sentiment on the top reads: "Let Your Light Shine" and then on the bottom of the photos the sentiment reads: "You're A Star, Yes That's What You Are". I hung this Acrylic layout in his room - so that he always knows that he is a shining star :)

Here is a close up of the sentiment: "Let Your Light Shine". After I added the Acrylic Mat on top of the layout, I added some bling over the acrylic mat board.

Here is another close up shot of the the sentiment lining the bottom - "You're a Star, Yes That's What You Are."

Ingredients:
Paper: Paper pack from Abbey Road
Ink: Memento
Stamps: Star Struck from Verve
Accessories: star punch from CM, corner rounder, corner chomper, bling from Kaiser, ribbon from Taylored Expressions, acrylic matboard and cut out for layout from Acu-Cut templates.

I think the best part of creating this layout was showing my son after I was done - his face totally lit up and he picked out where in his room he wanted to hang it - so sweet! Now, I have to make one for our little daughter - who is wondering where her layout is :)

Check Out all the amazing projects for the Verve project parade for the Encouraging Words challenge on the Verve blog and take the challenge yourself where you can win a Verve set!! For more details - check it out here!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!!!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

8 comments:

Smita said...

Love your layout...and the pretty green!

Hugs,
Smita

scrappingnana said...

This is a beautiful layout and I am sure your son is very proud of it. Great job.
JoAnn

Kim said...

Wow this is so beautiful!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful layout and the placement of everything just allows my eyes to take it all in

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Oh Sankari!!! This is GORGEOUS. And your son... well isn't he just ADORABLE.

Hugs
SJK
xx

The Mama Monkey said...

The layout is almost as darling as your kids. :) I love your color choices and the details on the layout! Fabulous!

gale said...

So cute-love all the details and the pics too. Adorable!

Radha said...

Love this one too....
will make ... in this case 3 ...:)