Sunday, October 11, 2009

Let Your Light Shine!

Good Morning Everyone!
Happy Sunday! Today, I wanted to share with you a scrapbook layout that I made for the Verve Project Parade, where the challenge this month is to create a project with Encouraging Words. Each of the projects have been so wonderful and the sets that Julee creates really makes it so easy to share a part of our heart with those around us. As soon as I saw "encouraging words", I knew I wanted to make something for my little man - he started school this year - and I wanted him to always remember that he is our shining star. I made him a 12x12 layout on an Acrylic cutout that can be hung from his room. The sentiment on the top reads: "Let Your Light Shine" and then on the bottom of the photos the sentiment reads: "You're A Star, Yes That's What You Are". I hung this Acrylic layout in his room - so that he always knows that he is a shining star :)

Here is a close up of the sentiment: "Let Your Light Shine". After I added the Acrylic Mat on top of the layout, I added some bling over the acrylic mat board.

Here is another close up shot of the the sentiment lining the bottom - "You're a Star, Yes That's What You Are."

Paper: Paper pack from Abbey Road
Ink: Memento
Stamps: Star Struck from Verve
Accessories: star punch from CM, corner rounder, corner chomper, bling from Kaiser, ribbon from Taylored Expressions, acrylic matboard and cut out for layout from Acu-Cut templates.

I think the best part of creating this layout was showing my son after I was done - his face totally lit up and he picked out where in his room he wanted to hang it - so sweet! Now, I have to make one for our little daughter - who is wondering where her layout is :)

Check Out all the amazing projects for the Verve project parade for the Encouraging Words challenge on the Verve blog and take the challenge yourself where you can win a Verve set!! For more details - check it out here!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!!!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)


Smita said...

Love your layout...and the pretty green!


scrappingnana said...

This is a beautiful layout and I am sure your son is very proud of it. Great job.

Kim said...

Wow this is so beautiful!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful layout and the placement of everything just allows my eyes to take it all in

Sarah-Jane Kale' said...

Oh Sankari!!! This is GORGEOUS. And your son... well isn't he just ADORABLE.


The Mama Monkey said...

The layout is almost as darling as your kids. :) I love your color choices and the details on the layout! Fabulous!

gale said...

So cute-love all the details and the pics too. Adorable!

Radha said...

Love this one too....
will make ... in this case 3 ...:)