Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Merry Mass Production Blog Hop from Taylored Expressions!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Today the Taylored Expressions Baker's Dozen DT is going to offer some quick and easy ideas for cards that you can mass produce for the holidays!!! As the holiday's approach, its always kinda crazy to mass produce christmas cards, bake holiday yummies for the kids christmas holiday parties, shopping, wrapping and all the things in between :) So we are providing some ideas for super quick and easy christmas cards to mass produce.

My goal was to create 4 cards in less than 50 minutes (and that is one HUGE challenge for me because I think I am the slowwwwest crafter ever! Here is the card that I created:


I absolutely LOVE this tweet little birdie and I lOVE the sentiments in this set! So sweet and full of joy :)

and here for easy production (total time: 45 minutes)

1. I cut out 4 identical card bases and then cut out 4 DP pieces
2. After cutting out two strips from two different DP, I punched out one of the strips with a border edger.
3. I stamped 4 sentiments in Rose Red and then cut it out with 4 labels with spellbinders and matted it.
4. I stamped the sweet little birdie and colored him with copics and then adhered him to the top of the label and then stamped the ornament and then colored it in with some copics and spica glitter.
5. And the last thing that was to tie ribbon around the cards and tah-dah :) I was so psyched that I could add 4 more to the Christmas cards pile :)

Card Details:
Paper: My Mind's Eye Colorful Christmas
Ink: Rose Red
Accessories: Spellbinders, ribbon from stash, EK success punch, copics, spica glitter, sakura glaze pen

So here is the Challenge that we are challenging everyone readers:
To create between 4 and 10 of identical or very simillar Christmas cards and take at least one photo of your cards in a full group shot. Post to your blog or any on-line gallery and then go to this post on Taylor's blog to link in :)

Check out the wonderful ideas for easy to duplicate mass production merry cards from the Baker's Dozen here:



and of course!: Taylor VanBruggen. Make sure to stop by Taylor's blog for more details of this awesome challenge! :)

Thanks so much for hopping on over here today!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

14 comments:

Sharon Harnist said...

So cute, Sankari -- love how you fit everything onto this die cut. Love the card size and bright colors, too!

cnelson said...

ohhhhhhh so cute!!

Jami said...

So super CUTE! Love the way you framed the sentiment and bird - I would not have thought of doing something like that and I love it!!!

Jodi Collins said...

SOOOOOO beautiful Sankari! I can't believe you pulled it off!! These are AMAZING! LOVE the colors, the layout and your coloring!! DIVINE my friend!!

Deb S. said...

Stunning!! Love the bright colors!

Karen Motz said...

These are so cute Sankari!!! The die cut you chose is absolutely perfect for the way you composed the image panel!!! Love that striped paper too!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful!

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely marvelous, Sankari!! The bright, fun designer papers are wonderful!! LOVE these, girl!

Donna Baker said...

these cards are so cute! I love the sparkly santa hat-great job with the mass producing!

Debbie Nelson said...

ADORABLE!!!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute. I have finally started my cards but I only have two done so far, lol.

gale said...

So cute. Love the striped paper and bright colors.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are such happy cards, Sankari! Love those bright colors! Just gorgeous! Your creations ALWAYS make me smile!

Michele Kovack said...

These are adorable!! Love the bright colors too!