Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 20th Key Ingredients are Here!!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Today is the 20th of October and that means its time for another Key Ingredient's Challenge from Taylored Expressions. For those of you who are not familliar with these kits, every month, Taylor creates an awesome kit - full of Designer paper, coordinating cardstock, ribbon and embellishments - its such a great way to make cards - because everything you need is in one kit and now Taylored Expressions is now offering a monthly charge prgram - so that menas that instead of paying for all 3 or 6 month upfront, now their will be a charge every month on the 15th of each month of their subscription - so for example the 6 month program is $14.95 a month plus shipping! Now that is total YUMMINESS!

For the October 20, Key Ingredients challenge, we are so excited to work with some maya mist, chipboard and yummy papers!!! The DP is from the Cosmo Cricket line: Earth love and comes with coordinating Prism cardstock, coordinating ribbon, a ton of maya chipboard birdies and yummy Maya Mist (one tip is to make sure you tap the mister on your palm before spritzing the mist onto your project).

The challenge that Taylor has given us is to decorate our creations to give it a dimensional pop! So that could mean, liquid pearls (you know me - I LOVE dem liquid pearls :) lol!), real pearls, bling, chipboard etc. Anything that adds dimension to your creations! Today half of the Baker's Dozen is going to be feautring the elements from the October Key Ingredients - with some different projects from cards, to scrapbook ayouts to 3D items. I created a little 6x6 scrapbook layout of my daughter for this challenge:

Scrapbook page layout:
Paper: Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions
Stamps: Downtown Diva from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Lilac
Accessories: dimensionals, liquid glaze pens from Sakura, Martha heart punches, Corner chomper, buttons from stash, EK success punch, bling from stash, Frame your Imagination Vertical Stand.

This kit comes with an awesome package of Maya Road birdies chipboard - and I loved using the chipboard that I misted with the Maya road mist (Avocado Metallic mist) which just made it glimmer and shimmer. I then covered it the wing with some of the DP and added some buttons and liquid pearls, faux stitching and ribbon. Here is a closer peek at the little chipboard birdie covered in glorious mist :)

My most favorite thing to do is to display these pages in the Frame Your Imagination vertical stand after I am done - (this is a 6 x 6 layout) - I love being able to display the pages out for everyone to see and not stick it inside a scrapbook (right away at least :) and most of all my children are SO happy to see themselves on the counter (and they show it to everyone who comes in :)

I absolutely love this month's Key Ingredients (of course, I say that every month!!! :) I think one of the reasons that I love Taylor's Key Ingredients is that its so much fun trying out new papers, embellishements etc, and everything is already laid out to coordinate - so it saves so much time and helps to create projects faster! To see more of this yummy Kit- Please check out what the rest of the DT created with this lovely kit!! I can't wait to go surfing:

Thanks for visiting my blog!!! Hope you are having a fabu Tuesday!!!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

16 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

What an adorable page, Sankari!! LOVE how you used the DP here! Gorgeous!

Karen Motz said...

Wow, this is ADORABLE!!! I love the little grouping of accents with the bird...it's very "tweet"!!!

Denise Marzec said...

You are an AMAZING scrapbooker...wow wow WOWWW! Your details are incredible.

Sharon Harnist said...

What a fabulous page of an adorably cute little girl, Sankari!

Leonie said...

Such a beautiful LO

Jenn Embry said...

What a sweet layout! I love it! So very cute.

Dawn Easton said...

Sankari, this is soooooooo sweet! I love how you added all those elements!

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOH! Sankari, this is AMAZING! There is nothing you cannot do! Your little one is BEAUTIFUL and this page really POPS! I am in AWE!!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Sankari, this is just GORGEOUS. What a BEAUTIFUL, Sweet, little darling you have there. This is just fabulous.

xx SJ

Karen Giron said...

Awww, this is SO adorable and your daughter - oh too cute! Love all the liquid pearls - you are the queen!!

gale said...

Gorgeous page!! And what a cute pic that is.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my goodness, what an ADORABLE little face, Sankari! Fabulous page, girl. . .I LOVE it!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Darling page! Your dd is beautiful and I love the little bird with the buttons!

Margaret de Witt said...

This is beautiful Sankari. I love all the little details on this page and how well the colours go together.

Out of curiousity - do you have any tips on how to attach your crytal bling embellies? I have a hard time transferring these to my projects.
Thanks,
Margaret

Taylor said...

Sorry I'm so late getting around to make comments, but this is super sweetness at its best! I love the sweet pic of your daughter and all the yummy patterned paper you used!

Naomi said...

Ok, I am crazy about this one! WOW! Beautiful little girl. I love the stand for the page, I have been thinking of doing those for my girls for a small extra Christmas present to keep some of their pics in!