Thursday, October 22, 2009

Verve Sneak Peeks are here!: Christmas in the Air


Good Morning Everyone!!!

Guess what!?! Its release week over at Verve Stamps and this month's release is absolutely amazing!!! Seriously, awesome! Julee has created sentiments and images for all kinds of holiday card making and beyond!!! If you haven't yet seen the sneak peeks over at the Verve stamps blog that have already gone up on Tuesday and Wednesday - make sure you check each mouth watering sample out here! And today, Jackie Pedro, Jen Tapler, Jen del Muro, Jessie Rone and I are sneaking some peeks from two stamp sets that we are peeking today: Christmas in the Air and Holly Jolly.

For today's card, I used Julee's awesome sketch: VSOCT09D (check out all 5 Verve sketches that Julee has created and how you could win some of these stamp sets by playing along!) I made today's card from the stamp set: Christmas in the Air. I love every single sentiment in this set - but I think this is my most favorite one: Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies - I love the font in this set and the snowflakes are divine. Since the sentiment was about butterflies and snowflakes, I decided to make a winter snowflake flower with butterflies that were emerging out of the designer paper...

Card Ingredients:
Paper: K&Company
Ink: Memento Aquamarine
Stamps: Christmas in the Air
Accessories: Inkessentials gel pen, candy dots, flower from BoBunny, Martha Stewart punch, rhinestones from Kaiser, ribbon from stash.

I stamped the four snowflakes and then colored them with copics and then glittered them and cut them out, adding dimensionals when layering them. I kept the colors monochromatic and simple so that the focus would be on the center of winter's snowflake flower :). I absolutely LOVE each and every single image in this set!

I am so not a winter girl (can't handle the cold) but I can't wait for some winter wonderland after using this stamp set!!! Hot cocoa anyone?? :) LOL! See you at the release party Friday night (9PM EST) for more details of the par-taay and how to win some of these AMAZING stamps - check out more details here!!!

Thanks for stopping by here and hop on over to the Verve Stamps blog for a whole lot of sneak peeks from the Divas!!!
Big Hugs!
Sankari :)

7 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

so gorgeous Sankari, luv'in the blue....great peak!

enjoy *~*

Radha said...

love it sooooo berry much!
Come back soon!
or call me!

Smita said...

Brilliant as always!!

Hugs,
smita

gale said...

Gorgeous card-and I love the quote!

SAMARA said...

wowoweeee your colors are tickling and exciting! love the snoflake on the fleur and the navy navy plus!

Naomi said...

Snowflakes are winters butterflies...how beautiful!!! I love that. The blue on this card is perfect. Another beauty from you, but by now, that's no surprise!

Caterina Titus said...

Ooohhh....loving the winters blues sunny sankari! Something to sparkly and magical about a lovely shade of blue...you've got the magic honey!