Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #27 - Chocolat


Good Morning everyone,

Happy Saturday! This week, I am the hostess for the sketch challenge over at Paper Craft Planet. Just make a card using the sketch at the left and upload it to Paper Craft Planet and use the keyword: SK041109 for the tag (the keyword is today's date april 11 of the year 09). I hope you play along with the sketch!


I used my sketch for this week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge, where this week we are featuring the movie: Chocolat with Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp. This movie was released in 2000 and is based on a novel by the same name and earned 5 Academy nominations including best actress for Juliette Binoche!

Well there are two reasons why I love this movie: Johnny Depp and chocolates! lol! I think it was last week that I was thinking that it would be just awesome to have a Johnny Depp chocolate figure - now that would be combining two loves into one yummy result!!! I really love this movie also for the love that it inspires. In every story there is a love story... and Vianne (Juliette Binoche's Character) inspires that love story to be fulfilled. Wheather its the love for the grandmother to be able to see her grandson, or the passion to be rekindled in a marriage, or for two eldery people to find their way to each other's hearts or about self love - where a person has the courage to stand up for themselves. In every story in this movie, there is a beautiful love story that is waiting to blossom and be fulfilled.

I love the sweet love between Roux and Vianne who understand each other's outsider-ness and also respect each other's space and boundries. They are just so sweet together. And of course, I just simply love Johnny Depp - aside from his obvious yumminess - he has the amazing ability to bring alive the imagination in his roles along with creating such a depth and breadth of all his characters. I truly admire him for his amazing talent and the breath of fresh air he brings to his roles. And this movie was no different - I adore - simply A-DORE his role as Roux... (holy hotness!) I love his chocolatey eyes in this movie and it was so nice to watch this movie again and see the beautiful interaction between Vianne and Roux. Love it!!!

Here is my card Love Is Sweet - inspired by the movie Chocolat:



Card Details:
Paper: Brown - metallic paper from the Paper Company, Magenta from DCVW, Orange from stash
Ink: Chocolate Chip from Stampin Up!
Stamps: Sweet n Sassy for the chocolate and truffle images and the sentiment is from Taylored Expressions (Love is Sweet)
Accessories: corner rounder for the scalloped edges and for the rounded corners, liquid pearls, prismacolor pencils, dimensionals, ribbon, square punches from Creative Memories, oval cutting system from Creative Memories.

I hope you play along with us this week at both the sketch challenge and also at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge! This week's requirement at the Cinema Saturday Challenge is to use anything sweet (sweet images) from chocolate to cupcakes, etc. - just make a card with something sweet and link your blog to the post over at the Cinema Saturday Challenge!!! How easy is that?!!!

Can't wait to see your sweet creations!!!
Thanks for visiting this little corner!
Sweet wishes,
Sankari :)

11 comments:

Alyssa S said...

Oh my, my, my! I love me some Johnny too...and as a sexy gypsy, no less! Great choice! Wonderful card too! Hope I get to play along :o)

Ann said...

So yummy! I love the colors you used with the chocolate brown, and such a fun sketch, too!

Carol Dunstan said...

great card, love the rich colours and the cute sweet images :-)

wendyp said...

Beautiful!!! I just love that orange and brown together!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your sketch it looks great and the card you made is fabulous.

Maria said...

Wow, what a fantastic sketch Sankari!! Your sketches are always awesome. I've never seen Chocolat. . .I actually started to watch it but my husband changed the channel. Arrrghh! Anything with Johnny Depp has to be good!! I'm sorry I wasn't able to see the whole movie.

I love your card. . .such pretty colors and the images are adorable. You always make such beautiful cards!!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

Maria

gale said...

Oh wow I just LOVED that movie! Alfred Molina cracked me up in it and of course Johnny Depp was dreamy as usual. Love the card too-your sweets look delish!

The Mama Monkey said...

You are so funny! Johhy Depp and chocolate! You are right, does not get much better than that! I love your card! Those sweets are just yummy!

Tlbran said...

Love your card! It looks so yummy!

Tanya said...

your card is so pretty! Plus, love the theme! Havne't seen this movie but Johnny Depp is the yummiest thing out there, next to chocolate! LOL! :)

Anthonette said...

Hi Sankari! I actually saw Chocolat in the theater when it was released. I'll try to participate this week. It's been forever.

Cute card and thanks for the great sketch!