Sunday, April 5, 2009

Naughty or Nice?

Good Morning Everyone,

It’s Monday Morning and that means another challenge from the Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long challenge! Every week, there is a new challenge to help us get our Christmas cards done before Christmas :) This is such a great motivational challenge group because it really helps to just to one card a week leading up to the holiday season, so that there is more time to enjoy the holidays!

The other reason that I love being part of this challenge group is that I have a chance to use up my holiday papers and embellies and other such items that have been tucked away and overlooked, neglected or forgotten. Have you ever found something that you bought to make for a particular seasonal holiday and then never used it because of loss of time, or that it got forgotten? Well that’s what happened to these cute little silver presents embellies on today’s card. I found them again as I started to sort through all my holiday stuff and couldn’t wait to use it.
This week’s challenge was a sketch challenge. Here is the sketch that we followed and here is my card based on this sketch.


Card details: Paper: DCVW holiday collection
Stamps
; Taylored Expressions Year Long sentiments

Ink: Not quite Navy SU!
Accessories: Silver presents embellishments (given to me by a very good friend J), square punches from Creative Memories, silver marking pen, corner rounder, ribbon, scallop punch from SU!, circle punch from Fiskars

It’s nice to be able to have one more card done and add to the pile! I kinda feel like its crazy to be this organized ahead of Christmas – its so unlike me…! Please join in on the challenge you can find more details and check out all the beautiful samples on the Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long blog!

Wishing you all a happy Monday,
And Thank you so much for visiting my little corner !

Ciao for now!!!
Sankari :)

10 comments:

Danni said...

Love your card! Those presents are so fun!

Ann said...

Oooh, I love the blue/silver/white combo! So wintry!

gale said...

Beautiful card! Love those presents and the sentiment is great! lol!

Maria said...

Hey Sankari! I hear ya'. . . I'm surprised how ahead I am with these Christmas cards. Last year, I was at my 11th card in December. Arggh! It was horrible. LOL!

Your card is beautiful! I'm glad you were able to dig out your old Chrismtas papers and embellishments. I have a whole container of Christmas embellies. . .I think 4 years old. LOL! The presents on your card are beautiful! I love the silver color. Awesome job with this week's sketch. Can't wait to see your card for next week's challenge!!

Maria

fishlips said...

Wow so Elegant and so eye-catching this is...Wonderful!!!!!

Lucia said...

Oh those presents are great on those cards. I really like it. I found your blog from Nona's blog.

Cathy said...

This is beautiful!! Love those colors and presents!!

Denise Marzec said...

This is beautiful!!

Tlbran said...

Beautiful card! I love those little presents and the color combo you used.

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I love that color combo!