Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Card

Good morning Everyone,

Its Friday here - and we are all in TGIF mode! How about you? Well, our friday plans are including a lot of birthday parties, spring cleaning and loads of laundry... (i know i know... is sooo exciting the life I lead!)

Last night, my DH and I had a movie night and he finally watched Twillight with me (I already had watched it - but have been wanting to see it with him) - it was fun to watch a movie together and chillax a little after the insane week that we have been having! Since I had already watched the movie, I worked on a card while we watched (that still counts as a date night right? lol!) and worked on this beautiful Verve Sketch from Julee. I am simply in love with the Fresh Flowers stamp set from Taylored Expressions- and had to play along using this beautiful set.

I especially love love love the window stamp in this set. I cut with an exacto knife each of the window panels out and then covered it with vellum afterwards. I love the translucent feeling of it - espcially that you can kinda see what is behind the windows when the windows are closed - it is such a labor of love process :)


here is a better shot of what the windows look like open - 


Card Details:

Paper: Basic Grey - Ambrosia
Stamps: Fresh Flowers from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Rose Red from Stampin Up!
Accessories: button, button brads from Making Memories, liquid pearls, paper crimper, vellum, dimensionals
Movie watched: Twillight :)

I had so much fun making this card ! And I am so happy its Friday! What are your Friday plans?Hope all of you are doing well!!!

Thanks so much for visiting my little corner!!!
Ciao for now!
Sankari :)





11 comments:

Ann said...

Ohmyword, this is fabulous! I love your little window and row of flowers! Just awesome, Sankari!

Maria said...

Wow, I love that window. . .so creative and your colors are so vibrant . . such a beauty!! Your cards are always so unique and so Sankari! I think I could spot your cards immediately if they were mixed in with other people's cards!!

Hey did your husband like Twilight. To be honest, I watched the movie before I read the book, I really liked the movie. I watched it the second time and I didn't like the movie as much as the book! It was a very different perspective after I read the book. Did you read the book? I went through all 4 Twilight books in 2 weeks. I'm now on the new Stepanie Meyer book called the "Host". . .it's about aliens rather than vampires. It has a similar theme as Twilight it seems.

Maria

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card Sankari! Love the great colors and images... the flower is so pretty behind the window. TFS!

LeAnne said...

Sweet! Your little flowers are adorable, well the whole card is! TFS!
LeAnne

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, that sketch is PERFECT for this window stamp! Love it, girl. Awesome!!

...and I like that word *chillax*...gonna have to use that one. :)

Tlbran said...

Gorgeous card! I love the window and the flower you placed inside! Your window shades are so cute! Love all the dimensions you added!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my goodness Sankari, you have outdone yourself! The windows are the BOMB. Holy smokes. I would have amputated one of my fingers if I tried that (you know I have an issue with cutting!). The transparency of the window is stunning, too.

Awesome times 3!!

zukesgirl said...

Very cool card --- so did you like the movie -- did you read the book??

gale said...

Wow amazing! love all the detail in this card!

Naomi said...

I love the vellum in the windows!!! Love the flowers, the colors, the detail is great. I have a SU set called Window Dressing that has a nice window, and it's one of my favorite sets to play with!

Heather said...

Awesome card! Love that window!