Friday, April 17, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You - Verve colored Happy Birthday Card

HI Again! :)

Are you tired of me yet? 

2 posts in one day!!????!! I know - I don't know what has come over me!!  I came home a couple of hours ago and was soooo happy to be done this week - what a week it's been! I was so happy to be home, that I made a cup of chai and had a chance to sit at my craft table before the dinner rush starts (which it will in about 15 minutes - so I will type fast!!!) 

I loved the color challenge that Julee has for her Verve color challenge for the April release and I love Kazan's Sketch #24 that she has created for the 2Sketches4You challenge blog. I love Laura and Kazan's sketch challenge and their DT is just amazing with the samples that they come up with each week! Talk about inspiration city! They are currently having a DT call for the summer group - and you can check out the details for the DT call here!

One of my dear friends is having a birthday party on Sunday and I wanted to make a birthday card for him... and I thought these colors were so perfect for a masculine card... and who doesn't like cupcakes for their birthday card??! But try as I might, I think my card ended up kinda girly and swirly... (I don't think I can ever realllllllly make a masculine card because it never really looks very .... hmm.. what's the word??..... pretty! lol!!)  Oh, well - I gave up trying to make it look masculine at one point and just had fun paper piecing my cupcakes! Well, I hope he likes it anyway...  :) (Will let you guys know how it goes on Monday :)


Card Details:
Paper: From scrap stash (the only thing that I know is that the blue paper is handmade)
Ink: Chocolate Chip! SU!, Martha brown
Accessories: liquid pearls, corner rounder, button from stash, blinged flowers
Technique: Paper piecing

Well, I hope you are all having a great start to your weekend! Okay.. off to get dinner started! Hope you are all doing well!!!

Thanks for visiting my little corner!!!
Ciao for now!
Sankari :)

18 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card. OMG, all those different colored cuppies in a row...too cute!

Carol Dunstan said...

never get tired of posts from you honey! Love what you have done with this, even if it isn't what you set out to do. At the very least it's the thought that counts right!

~dawne said...

This is so dang cute...I love the cupcakes & I remember the handmade blue paper. In fact, I might still have some laying around...adds nice texture.

Tlbran said...

Love your card! Those colors are great for a male card! I think your friend will love it! Love how your alternated the colors on the cupcakes!

Dawn Easton said...

Love those cuppies!!! The colours are so yummy for them! Fantastic girl!

Ann said...

Sankari, you can post as many times a day as you want--I love looking at your cards! This one is SO cute--love the row of cuppies!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Sankari... we could NEVER get sick of you and your beautiful cards. This is just gorgeous and obviously you're a girl after my own heart... I love that you've put ribbon on a BOYS card...I've made a couple with ribbon myself... us girls can't forgo all of our prettiness when we have to make a more unblinged card can we?? hahaha.

xx Sarah
xx

Laura Davis said...

Awwww thank you Sankari! You are pretty awesome yourself! I adore your card! So cute! Kazan is out of town so I am taking over:) Thanks for playing!
Laura

~Lori Roop said...

Darling, darling!! Love the cupcakes!

Savitri said...

Just stunning, lady! The cupcakes are too too cute! Keep posting them cards! You do awesome stuff :)

papertrails leaver said...

this is so cute!!

papertrails leaver said...

this is so cute!!

CathyRose said...

Love the darling cupcakes, beautiful card, those colors are awesome!

cnelson said...

cute, cute, cute! love those yummy cupcakes!

Martha said...

Very cute, love this card!

gale said...

What a cute card! I love the colors and the handmade paper is very cool!

Naomi said...

Masculine or not, this card is GREAT!!! The cupcakes look so cute! He will love it.

Heather said...

this is soo cute! love those cupcakes!