Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cinema Saturday #26 - My Fair Lady

Welcome Everyone to the 26th Challenge from Cinema Saturday, where we pick a movie each week from which to draw inspiration in making a card, LO or altered item. This week, we have picked the classic movie: My Fair Lady, starring our beloved Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison.

I feel like I know this movie like the back of my hand because I have watched it and sang along, day dreamed to it every since I was 12. My father bought me the complete set of Sound of Music and My Fair Lady (back in the day where it was VHS :) and I remember that was the biggest treat for me! I watched this movie EVERY day during the summer of 8th grade... I adored Eliza Do-little, had a mini crush on Freddie and dreamed about dancing with the prince (I had a HUGE crush on the prince...). I used to be able to recite the lines to the whole movie word for word... and loved singing in my completely off tune voice to the songs from the movie... :) I love every song: The Rain in Spain, With A Little Bit of Luck, Ordinary Man, I'm getting married in the morning and countlesssssssss other classic songs!!!!

But my most favorite and my most favorit-est scene ever is the song " I could have danced all night" and the scene is the Embassy Ball. When Eliza emerges wearing this incredible gown (I am always in awe - even now - of that moment!) I just love the jewelry of stones glittering around her neck, the crown in her hair and the sparkles in that ethereal gown of hers that seemed to flow as she glided in the ball! And when she danced with the prince... well that was just the crowning moment for me... (talk about every little girl's dream) and I was hooked and in love forever :)


So that's the theme that I decided to focus on was the Embassy Ball scene where she dances with the Prince. I used Kazan's lovely or "loverly"as Eliza Dolittle from My Fair Lady would say, sketch #23 from 2 Sketches 4 You. If you haven't tried one of their sketches - you really have to! I am always amazed by the creations that Laura and Kazan come up with as well as their amazing DT! The one thing that I really like about their sketch challenge - is that they layout the basic elements of the sketch and based on that you are free to let your imagination lead you! I like the open white space above the three elements of the sketch and thought I would fill it up with the bling trail of Eliza dancing with her prince sans tiara (couldn't fit it in).I added two metallic hearts at the bottom bordered with candy cane stickles for accents.

Card details:

Paper: Paper Company and stash
Ink: Martha Black
Stamps: HeartFelt Hits 1- by Gina K. designs
Accessories: ribbon, silver pen, oval cutter system from Creative Memories, Polysparkle EP, Versamark, Sentiment created in Word reads: I could have danced all night... from the instrumental music that is playing that as she is dancing with the prince.

Here is a link to the Youtube video of this scene where she first makes her real public apperence (I mean Ascott doesn't really count!) and is hoping not to be discovered as a common flower girl (isn't the prince yummy :).

Thank you so much for visiting!! Laura and Kazan will have a new sketch on Monday - so don't forget to check them out!

You can check out more details here to the Cinema Saturday Challenge of My Fair Lady!

Can't wait to see your beautiful creations!!!
Happy Saturday!!!
Sankari :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sankari I am sorry to hear you are having a rough week yet you still managed to give us a beautiful card - thanks for that. I love how classic your card is with the B&W details and also the embossing - Hope next week goes much better
Hugs
Kazan

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card !!! I love the black and white !!

Ali B said...

Sankari...yet again you have produced a beautiful, elegant card. I especially love the rhinestone 'bling' trail for the dancing movement....adds so much.

cnelson said...

wow!! what an amazing card! I'm in awe!! The embossing is incredible!

gale said...

Beautiful card! Love that embossed background and all the gems. perfect!!

Mary said...

Beautiful card... Hope your week gets better.

Carol Dunstan said...

so elegenat and beautiful and love the sentiment

The Mama Monkey said...

Sorry to hear about your week! This is simply gorgeous! I love the bling!!

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I love the classic black and white colors!