Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thinking of You card


Good Morning Everyone,

Seriously! Where is this week going? Why does it seem that some weeks are super slow and some weeks are super fast? Maybe its the weather... its been getting so nice around here that we have been outside alot and suddenly the day seems over with..! 
Well, I am looking forward to the end of the week... things around here have been a little unsettled... but hopefully things will settle down this weekend. I am so grateful to have a little stamp therapy available to calm the nerves :) 
I loved this Verve sketch that Julee has created  and I also have been wanting to play along with my buddy Libby's challenge: From Courtney's Closet (an Inspiration Challenge) where she picks a cute little somethin from her cutie patootie daughter Courtney's closet as an inspiration for a card, etc. You can see this week's picture here (isn't her daughter soooo adorable?!) I loved that cute outfit that Courtney is wearing... and I wish I had some scotty stamps... but I don't ... so I went with the colors of the dress and created a little card based on the sketch. I used one of my fave new sets from Taylored Expressions for this card called Fresh Flowers.

I made this card for a special lady who is such an inspiration to me... the vase and flower were paper pieced and I created a little border of silver dots... because Courtney's dress had a cute little black and white border.



Card details:
Paper: Basic Grey (Ambrosia and Cupcakes)
Stamps: Fresh Flowers for the vase and flowers and Branching Out for the sentiment: Thinking About You" - both from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Ruby Red Stampin Up!
Accessories: Corner rounder, liquid pearls, silver marker, button from stash

I hope you all have a chance to try Libby's challenge and Julee's sketch! I was psyched to have a half day off today and so I don't have to run to work till lunchtime - so I am off to the exciting world of cleaning up and laundry... I know I know... its such a glamourous  task that I have ahead of me... kind of red carpet glamour... but in my case more like vacumming the red carpet in our living room  :) LOL! 

Hope you all are having a fantastic week so far!
Thank you so much for visiting my little corner :)

Ciao for now!
Sankari :)

14 comments:

Donna Baker said...

what an awesome card! Love black red & white *your choices of dp are right on!*

Carol Dunstan said...

love both the papers you have used... love the whole darn thing!

Dawn said...

Love the papers also! These cards are amazing as is all of your work! what a gift you have for stamping and design overall! great work

Ann said...

Ohhh, this is one of my favorite color combos. Just gorgeous! I love that ribbon and button.

gale said...

Beautiful card!! Love the paper piecing and the backgrounds.

The Mama Monkey said...

I LOVE this card! The color choices are stunning and the dsp you used is just perfectly elegant!

scubasubie said...

What a FANTASTIC card! The patterns and colors and that flower! I love it!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

love that black and white dsp, great job with the challenges. Very beautiful!

Betty J Schaub said...

wowza! this is a beauty! Awesome take on the challenges.

Tlbran said...

Cute card! Love your take on the challenge! Those papers are awesome! I love the image you used and that beautiful bow!

CathyRose said...

Gorgeous details on this one! Your work is amazing!

Libby Hickson said...

Sankari I am soooo thrilled that you played along this week, and I just LOVE your card, it's gorgeous!! Thanks for the sweet words, too. :-)

Naomi said...

This is pretty! I love the b/w patterned paper you have used!!!

Heather said...

Great card! Love the paper you used!