Monday, April 13, 2009

Peace, Love and Cupcakes!

Good Morning Everyone,

Things here have been a little bit busy. We had a little unfortunate accident in the family - but everyone is okay now and recovering... times like these you are reminded about the preciousness of life. I have been a little busy taking care of some family matters... but am hoping for more play time this week :) Hope you all had a lovely Easter... speaking of which how about a Christmas card!!

(did you like the transition??? lol!!) Every monday my Christmas Stampin' All Year Long comes together to create a Christmas card - so that we can actually be ahead of the game with our holidy cards before the Christams holiday insanity. This week's challenge was a sketch challenge - and here is my take on the sketch:

Sorry for being a little MIA recently... haven't had much time to stamp - just so much family and health issues... so this feels great to get some card therapy in... and so this is a super quick card... I timed it at 23 minutes :). I loved using the Christmas Key Ingredients Kit from Taylored Expressions for this little holiday cupcake card... i love these christmas papers... and I of course love this little cupcake with the sweet holly trimming at the top.

Card Details:
Paper: Christmas Key Ingredients kit from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Chocolate Chip from Stampin Up!
Stamps Season's Sweetings Stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: Corner Rounder, silver marker, liquid pearls for the cherry, 1 3/4 circle punch from Stampin Up!
Shows Watched: 30Rock on Hulu

Hope you will check out the Christams Stampin All Year Blog and join in on the fun!!! I am psyched each week to knock down another Christams card!!! Woot!!!

Wishing all of you a wonderful Happy Happy new week!
Ciao for now
Sankari :)

16 comments:

Smita said...

Sorry to hear about the accident, Sankari. I hope you and your family are alright.

Take care.
Love and prayers,
Smita.

gale said...

Gorgeous card! I love that paper-I'll have to check that out. That Christmas cuppy cake is adorable!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

So sorry to hear that you've been going through a difficult time. I hope things will be better soon!
I love your card- that MME paper was one of my fav Christmas lines this year and it looks so good with Taylor's cupcake :)
Take Care!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Hello Lovely Sankari!!!

As usual a BEAUTIFUL card.
I do hope you and your lovely family are all well and OK. Im sending lots of happy Kale' family Aussie hugs and kisses your way. Hope you get them.

Sarah
xxx

Regan said...

cute cute cute girl!!

Ann said...

Totally cute! I love the idea of a Christmas cupcake! ;)

Hope everyone in your house is on the mend!

Little C's Creations said...

Very Cute, Sankari!! Love your colors!

Aloha,
Jen

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card indeed!!! I know it must feel good to have them done ahead of time....I'm always behind on getting mine made.....Very very pretty!!
Penny Duncan

Tlbran said...

Cute card! Love that paper and that cupcake is adorable! Hope everyone in your family is ok.

Dawn said...

Truly stunning! Love the sentiment! I am sorry that things have been difficult for you... I hope that things will settle down!

Sincerely
Dawn Knight

Maria said...

Hi Sankari! I'm really sorry to hear of the accident and illnesses in your family. I'm glad to hear that everything is okay inspite of them. I hope your family will be back to their normal healthy state real soon. My thoughts are with you and your family. Take care of yourself!!!

Your card is spectacular. . .well, that's not surprising. Each week, your X-mas cards are a wonder to look at. You are so stinkin' talented. I love your work!! It's great to have you on the team!

Maria

inlovestamping said...

Adorable card this week!! Love it!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I hope you all are okay!

I love your card, the colors and image is adorable.

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow Sankari, hope you are OK and doing better now. :(

You crack me up...23 min, huh? It would take me that long just to pick papers I was happy with!

CathyRose said...

I hope everyone is alright now. Your card is adorable. You are so talented.

Naomi said...

Oh, how cute is a Christmas cupcake???? You are so going to be ready this Dec!!!!