Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration Challenge #50 - Happy Mother's Day Card

Hi Everyone,

Hope your week has been going well - things here have been flying by - but I am glad that I got a chance to play along with Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge #50 this week. Can you believe she has done 50 color challenges!

This week's color picks were brown, blue, yellow, red and white. The color inspiration came from a pin cushion her friend Patsy's Etsy shop.  These colors looked so fun together - so I tried to make a fun card for Mother's Day - this card is for my younger sister-in-law (who if you are reading this - please act surprised :)

I cut out the window panels with my x-acto knife and then covered it with some opalescent gift wrap that is transparent - so that you can see the inside of the window showing a vase with a flower. 

 
This is another picture with the window half opening....


Here's another shot of the card with the window all open - the vase and the flowers are all paper pieced ... the window and window box are all popped up on dimensionals...


Card Details:

Paper: The yellow and blue are from Basic Grey: Urban Prairie, the brown, red and white are from stash
Ink: Chocolate Chip from SU!
Ribbon: Brown with Cream Dots from Taylored Expressions
Stamps: Fresh Flowers Set from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: corner rounder, circle punches from Creative Memories, dimensionals, opalescent gift wrap
Movie watched: Made with Honor

This was a fun card to make - now all I have to do is get my Mother's Day cards and gifts out to my family :) before Mother's Day (that's always the hard part for me - getting to the post office and getting stuff mailed out in time!)

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner!
Hope you are having a fabulous day!

Ciao for now!
Sankari :)

17 comments:

Laura said...

Love it!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Beautiful as always Sankari.
Hope you are well. Sending lots of hugs your way.

Sarah
xx

Tracy said...

lovely - love that stamp set. the colours are really pretty aren't they?

The Mama Monkey said...

Love these window cards! Do you find that transparent bag material works better than acetate? It is just lovely either way!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! This is fabulous and so unique! I absolutely love how you created the window and how it opens and closes. It's beautiful. I'm the same way with getting things in the mail on time. It's always a struggle for me!

Winter said...

So cute! Love the little windows!

Deanna said...

Wow... gorgeous!

Ann said...

This is super sweet, Sankari! I love the flower box and that dotted ribbon!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

This is absolutly precious Sankari!! WOW! I love this card! You rocked Kristina's #50 Challenge!!! Wahoooo!!! :)
Great Job!!!

Smita said...

Lovely card again, Sankari. These windows seem worth all the effort! :-)

Love,
Smita

CathyRose said...

Seriously adorable. I love that the windows open!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOW, girl. I love how you worked all the colors. Beautifully done. The gift wrap...GENIUS!!

Donna Baker said...

wow! your cards just leave me speechless - you have such a great eye for detail that makes your cards/projects so unique yet not too busy! don't know how you do it but you sure bring it, girl!! love your windows!

Donna Baker said...

WOW! I love the glitters background piece (such a fun way to add bling & sparkle) fun card!!

Anthonette said...

Very nice job with Kristina's colors. So many nice details. I don't think I'd have the patience to cut out the window with an exacto.

gale said...

Very cute card! Love all the details on it-that window box is so cute!!

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I love that window!