Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #58 - Roman Holiday

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is Saturday, which means that it is time for another Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge, where I am SOOOO excited because this week, we are featuring one of my FAVORITE movies: the 3 time Oscar winning movie: Roman Holiday - starring two of my FAVORTIE actress in the whole world - the one and only: Audrey Hepburn who stars with Gregory Peck who is one of my FAVORITE actors in the whole world (but of course - you KNOW that Johnny Depp - will always be #1!!!!) ---- can you tell that I LOVE this movie!!!??!!! I don't know what it is about Audrey - but she just makes me smile - and so I had SOOO much fun making cards for this movie!!! I couldn't stop at one - I actually made two! THe challenge requirement this week was to use pearls - (that could mean liquid pearls, pearl bling, pearl brads - etc.)


Card #1 - The VESPA inspired card :)

My first card is inspired by the scene where Audrey and Gregory take a ride around Rome in the Vespa scene - I LOVE this scene because of the pure happiness on Audrey's face as she lets down her "princess" role and becomes just a "girl" for the day - Isn't this picture of pure happiness on her face - just the loveliest!!!!


And I a-d-o-r-e this picture of Gregory Peck and Audrey holding each other - SOOO sweet:



I used the Mojo Sketch #112 from the awesome Juleeeee Tilman - I love this sketch and I couldn't wait to use Julee's beautiful stamp set: Wishing You for this card - and choose to pair the "Wishing you" part of the sentiment with the sentiment: "a day filled with happiness" - because it just perfectly captures the feeling of the beautiful day that Audrey and Gregory Peck spend together - my favorite scene is the "Mouth of Truth" scene - soooo cute! I loved the Vespa scene - I downloaded this Vespa image and then I matted it and added dimensionals to give it some pop :) Here is my card inspired by all of those elements:


I made the embellishment on the ribbon by punching out a mini circle in black cardstock and then adhering some pearls on it and then in the center - I put some turquoise bling and then on the sides I added some liquid pearls (in green) - it was a fun way to give the ribbon a little "pop" :)

Card Ingredients:
Paper: black cardstock from stash, green prism cardstock, turquoise cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: liquid pearls, pearl accents, blue accordian ribbon, corner chomper, Sakura pen black glaze, dimensionals, Vespa image downloaded: , circle punch

I absolutely loved making this card as I watched the movie - and couldn't wait to make another one:

Card #2 - "Let Your Light Shine" :)

For my second card - I used Lori's sketch from PaperCraft Planet (please use tag: Sk111409 (which is today's date) to upload). As much as I loved seeing Audrey as a princess at the end - (because she truly is a princess in my eyes - no one has her grace - and no one makes a crown and bling look SOOO good!) but more than seeing her loveliness as a princess - I loved seeing her let down her hair and not be bounded by all the rules of being a princess - and so this next card is inspired by the way Princess Anne let's her inner light "shine" and I used Julee's beautiful stamp set: StarStruck from Verve (and just a sidenote: my card started like the sketch - but then it kinda became something a little different... :) I had so much fun making this card (I loved making this card while scrapping with Michelle over at From the Heart! ;) and was inspired to use Tiffany blue by Maureen and had to add a little yellow to bring some shine :)

Card Ingredients:
Paper: black cardstock, Black and White DP from Bo Bunny, turquoise cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: pearl accents, organdy ribbon, corner chomper, 2 1/8 circle punch and scallop punch, dimensionals

I love this movie and hope that you have a chance to play along! There are so many parts of this movie that can create inspiration for a card for you - from the costumes, to the dialogue, sets, characters, events, etc.! Make sure to check out the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge site for more inspiration and details and to see how you can be our guest designer!!!

Can't wait to see your Roman Holiday inspired Creations!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by - hope the start to your weekend is a beautiful one!!!
Hugs!!
Sankari :)

7 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh, these are so bright and cheery, just like you!! I love the lime green and Tiffany blue on the first one...and did you make that circle embellishment on the ribbon? I thought it was a little heirloom!! LOL Thanks for the comment about the wedding card sentiment...Diva do your work!! LOL I have so much fun playing with you and Brooke...thanks for having me!!

Cassie_lu said...

Both of these are great card. What a clever idea to use an image from the internet for the first card too.

cnelson said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE the movie...LOOOOOOOOOVE the card!! You've definitely captured the feeling of happiness!

Anonymous said...

I love both of these cards. They are so bright and pretty. The second is my favorite, but they are both wonderful.

nasuha ahmad helmi said...

wow. i really really love the vespa card...so classic yet cute also =)
i love all your work sankari!!!!
wish i can make cards like yours =)

Anonymous said...

You are such the mastercraftswoman!!! I love this card and all of your work :)

~kelly marie~ said...

Both cards are so cheery! I just love it!