Monday, November 30, 2009

2Sketches 4 you - Laura's Sketch #40 - Silent Night...


Good Morning Everyone!!!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend - ours was really so very sweet - it was filled with lots of slow moments - you know those kind of moments that seem to last forever - we had such great weather this weekend and so the kids were able to play outside and ride their bikes and it was such a delight to just to "be"... I went to bed so early every night - and woke up ready for the day - and I am actually so excited it is Monday - because this is a going to be a super fun (albeit busy) week! So I got my cup o' decaf joe ready in one hand and my calendar planner in the other - and I am ready to check off all of things in my "to do" list!!! woot!

To start us off - here is today's awesome sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You (this is Laura's sketch) and this week's sponsor is Starving Artists: DoodleFactory stamps and my card features the lovely "Navtivity" stamp set" - I flipped the sketch to make this card:

Card Ingredients:
Paper: all from stash (I am trying to use up all of my scrap papers - these are mostly Bazzil papers)
Stamps: The sentiment and scene is from Starving Artists: DoodleFactory stamps and the star is from Verve: Star of Wonder stamp set
Inks: Memento Aquamarine and Chalk ink: Chestnut Roane
Accessories: Martha Stewart lace punch, corner chomper (1/2"), Adirondack liquid pearls (terra cotta), spellbinders, cuttlebug swissdots, ribbon from stash, Kaiser bling, dimensionals and copics.

I stamped the "scene" twice, and on one I sponged heavily with a few different blue inks and then I adhered the scene on the other page onto the sponged one. I colored it in with copics and added a little liquid pearl for the sand dune look :) - I love the sponged look and it feels so good when you create a card that you really love :)

A huge thank you to Starving Artists DoodleFactory this week for being our sponsor!!! I hope you will check out all the amazing samples that the DT has made and play along with the sketch this week over at 2 Sketches 4 You!!! You could win some amazing yumminess!!!

Can't wait to see your creations!!
Big hugs and Happy Monday!
Sankari :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

really gets to what Christmas is all about . . . love it.

cnelson said...

Gorgeous Sankari!! LOVE the rich jewel tones!!

Cassie_lu said...

wonderful card and the colors are so rich and regal

CathyRose said...

Love the wonderfully rich colors you used. Beautiful card!

Smita said...

Gorgeous cards, Sankari. I have not been able to comment on some of your ercent posts... but I do want to say that each one is nothing short of awesome!!

Hugs,
Smita

Louise F NZ said...

Gorgeous card... love the vibrant colours.

Kathy Martin said...

Love the vibrant colors of you card! :) Kathy