Monday, November 2, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You - Laura's sketch #38 - Friends 4 Ever

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Happy Monday!! Phew! Its been a wee bit since I blogged! I was over at the East Coast to attend the wedding of an old and dear friend of mine and visit my family! I took some craft stuff to do while there - but never had a chance. My mother is the type of person who organizes and structures everything - so as soon as I came home - she already had a packed calendar of all the things that we were going to and see and have fun doing :) I totally enjoyed being at home and having a bit of a vacation
from blogging - but it is nice to be back and get some mojo flowing :)

What better way to start of the week then a YUMM-a-licious sketch from the fabulous Laura from 2 Sketches 4 You!!! I adored this sketch and for my card - I actually turned the sketch 90 degrees counterclockwise to create this friendship card - which is being sent to one of my friends back east who I have known since highschool and had a chance to meet up with while we were there. I wanted to make something special for them - so here is a forever friendship card to one of my forever friends and her 5 amazing children (that's why I had to put 5 cute owlies :).

This week the sponsor over at 2 Sketches 4 You is the awesome Sakura of America who really have to coolest pens ever!!! I colored me owlies with the metallic, glaze and sparkly pens and it made all the Owls just pop out more. I also used the pens for some faux stitching across the top of the different layers. I love how easily these pens glide - nice and smooooth :)

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket (Kitchen Spice) and Prism cardstock and the owls are from American Crafts paper
Ink: Potter's Clay Memento Ink
Accessories: Sakrua Gel pens: Metallic, Glaze pens, Sparkle pens, Marvy Heart punch, buttons from stash, bling, dimensionals, corner rounder, Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder, cosmic wave stencil, chalk

I had a lot of fun making this card and love playing around with this lovely sketch!!! And you have to check out all the lovely cards for this sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You because..... drim roll....... there are 4 NEW DESIGNERS joining Cheryl and myself for the 2 Sketches 4 You Winter Design Team so hope on over to the 2S4U blog and check out our 4 awesome new designers and the awesome sketch and play along with us!

Thanks for visiting me this monday!!! hope you have a lovely Monday!!
Happy November!!! (isn't that crazy!)
Hugs!
Sankari :)




9 comments:

cnelson said...

Would you look at how cute those little owls are?!!! LOVE them and everything about this card!!!

Kim Sonksen said...

OMGosh - this is so supercute. I am forver loving those AC owls and your friend will be OVER the moon to get this card.
You rock!
Hugs and smoochies

nasuha ahmad helmi said...

sooooo cute!! those little owls really looks cute and they match the theme of the card also. this card is amazing. purely amazing!
hugs,nasuha.

http://nasuha-chua.blogspot.com/

Smita said...

A darling card, as always, Sankari.
I have something for you on my blog. Please visit
http://kreativityandme.blogspot.com/2009/11/lovely-blog-award.html

Hugs,
Smita.

gale said...

This is adorable!!

Unknown said...

sankari...this is wonderful! it made me smile as soon as i saw it! so bright and cheerful!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

anja curvers said...

This is so beautiful love those owls, you rock love everything about that card.

WickedPixie said...

I'm glad you had a great time, but I am so glad you are back!! I love your work and look forward to seeing your creations each day!! :-)Traci

SAMARA said...

Hi Sankari...Those owls are so cutsi pewsti I want to just squish their itty bitty cheeks! I love how you made them a fam sitting on their nice white background. Your friend and chicklettes will LOVE it (and you of course!!!)