Thursday, November 5, 2009

RELEASE DAY -at Taylored Expressions!!!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!!

It's release day over at Taylored Expressions and the Baker's Dozen and I will be showing sneak peeks from the stamp set called Celebrate Life which is one of three sets that are being released today! Also, today I am excited to be the featured designer for the Taylored Expressions newsletter !!! YAY!!! (you can subscribe by going over to the store link and join the mailing list which will give you the inside scoop and deals over at Taylored Expressions) And so for today's newsletter project, I created a gratitude journal using the elegant Celebrate Life stamp set. I ADORE this stamps set and love all the stamps and the variety of possibilities of what you can make have my head spinning :) I wanted to start a journal that we can use as a family to write down through the year all of the things that we are grateful for - from big things to little things - and then create another journal the next year. It would be fun for the kids to see what they had written down when they were small.

and here is a close up of the beautiful silhouette that I sparkled up with chunky glitter and stickles and bling and buttons .

I loved creating this journal and can't wait to sit down as a family and make this our family gratitude journal. Here is a peek at the inside of the card and I created a little folder inside the card for holding little pictures, notes, etc.:

Can't wait to get started journaling as a family! The dandelion image reminded me of the papers in the October Key Ingredients kits and so I used the dandelion paper in the kit to create a 6x6 layout using the same stamp set with the sentiment: "Thankful for You." I love this picture of my daughter - I love the way her nose crinkles as she smiles her "sunshine" smile as we call it :)

This readily slips into the calendar stand over at Taylored Expressions and is perfect to display around the house - my kids love the fact that its all about them! I love that the pages can be displayed and not covered in a book and the kids always love looking at them and then demand more scrapbook pages about themselves!!! :)

I love the pumpkin image in this stamp set and created a card with the paper piecing technique using some My Mind's Eye paper: I wanted to create a card to give to our hostess for Thanksgiving - and love this sentiment: "Thankful for You".

The other reason that I love this stamp set is for its versatility. It has stamps that can be autumnal but also has so many sentiments and images that are all year round. I created a bright spring-ish card using the fun mini circle stamps (that can also be easily punch out with a mini circle punch) and created a ONE LAYER 8 MINUTE CARD!!! (I put that in capitals because I have never made a one layer card before) I wanted to keep this very very very simple - so not dots, ribbon, or layers - just a teeny bit of bling, inks and sponging :) I love the versatility of this stamp set!!!

I hope you have enjoyed all the yummy peeks so far and you won't want to miss all the amazing creations that the Baker's Dozen has created today - so make sure to hop on over and check out the yumminess:


and of course!: Taylor VanBruggen

Thank you so much for visiting me today!!!!
I am off to the Taylored Expressions store to get shopping!!! See you there (and join the newsletter mailing list while you are there - for all of the news and scoops!!!)
Hugs!
Sankari :)

18 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

WOWSA!!! Sankari, you have, once again, made me say OOOOOH out loud! LOVE the gratitude journal you created (the pocket inside is UBER cool!) and your little girl is absolutely GORGEOUS! What a beautiful page for her!! I must admit, that last card totally makes me smile! I am SO going to case you my friend!!

Jami said...

As always your project ROCK girl! I love the layout and pic of your daughter - so precious! But I have to say - WOWZSA - that one layer card is my fave!! So unexpected and soo soo sooo CUTE! I might need to make up a set using that idea.

Donna Baker said...

what a great feature of you in the newsletter! thanks for the glitter on the pearls tip (you know it's begininng to be one of my favorite embellishments now!) I LOVE your scrapbook page of your little girl - precious! your gratitude journal idea is fabulous. I want to be a wonderful mommy like you some day.

Dawn Easton said...

Sankari, all of these are BEAUTIFUL! I love the added sparkle to the dandelion images!!! Makes them seem so real!

Denise Marzec said...

AWESOME, Sankari! I love the two different colors/patterns on the pumpkin, and what a WOW of a scrapbook page!! LOOOVE it!

Karen Giron said...

So, SO, SOOOO cute! What a fantasic little scrapbook page - it's so warm and inviting, love it!!

Jackie Pedro said...

I know you're going to have many fabulous projects whenever I visit, but I say the same thing every time I'm here.....AMAZING! LOVE the scrapbook page of your adorable daughter and that one layer card ROCKS!

Karen Motz said...

There's soooo much fabulous eye candy in this post!!! Your daughter is gorgeous in the layout and I especially love your paper pieced pumkin!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I was so excited to see the TE Newsletter in my inbox today and read all about you and your AMAZING gift-thank you so much for sharing it with us and these projects today-OMG-nothing short of amazing themselves! You are just radiant w/ creativity and so inspiring! And your little girl is adorable!!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Holy honk ... I don't know where to start Sankari!! Love your journal idea (I've done that, too!) -- it's gorgeous! Really like the sentiment in the middle of the long flower stem! The page of your daughter is breathtaking -- definitely pure sunshine! She looks just like my youngest daughter's best friend! Your pumpkin card is beautiful paper pieced! And shut my mouth on the one-layer card ... it definitely does NOT look like one layer! I never would have thought to make flowers out of these images -- brilliant!!

Jen Tapler said...

Seriously!?!? THIS is what you come up with on literally NO sleep? It's getting really hard to love you as much as I do!!! LOL. Ok really though - everything you've done this week has blown me away - you're amazing!

Cassie_lu said...

all of the projects looks great but my two favs are the altered notebook and the pumpkin card. love all the details and sparkle you gave them both and then there's the paper pieced pumpkin...

Tami said...

your illustrations and work are over the edge. love your blog!

SAMARA said...

oh...I could say so much about your projects, which are too adorable (your squishy-nose included!!!) however what I really want to say is I LOVE your dedication to the process of teaching us! That is the awesomeness of Sankari that shines through everything I witness, which is outstandingly unique, bright and smiley in color, technique, embellies, punching, postioning and paper choices. Kudos to you sista!!

Naomi said...

WOW! I don't know where to start. First, the family journal is a great idea, and yours is beautiful. I will be doing one for my family as well. My girls are too young to write, but I can ask them, and write their answers for now. This would be a great weekly family thing! Your daughter is GORGEOUS, and the stand with pages is great. I ADORE the pumpkin card as well!

Radha said...

CC U need to hand me that album S O O N:)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my goodness, Sankari. . each of these is just gorgeous! You are totally amazing my sweet friend!

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful Sankari! Fall is my favorite time of the year and these projects use such gorgeous colors that remind me of the season!