Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lavender Wedding Vervey Tags

HI Everyone,

One of my friends is getting married this summer and wanted some tags and signage for her wedding - so I created some tags that she can display at place settings or at the table with all the food. Her colors are light purple and cream - and so it was fun to pick out papers and embellies that had these colors.

I used the awesome stamp set from Verve: Love Story that has SO many wonderful sentiments and images that were perfect for this project! I wanted to make a whole bunch of different tags with different embellishments and layouts so that she could choose which ones she likes the best. Here is a picture of all the different tags that I made:


Here is a picture of three of the above tags. The one on the left - the heart is a piece of chipboard covered in some DP from SEI and a button ribbon tag using the sentiment: "together forever". The one in the middle has a frame from the Love Story stamp - but the sentiment is from the Love Notes stamp set. The last one is a really simple tag - with sentiment and image from the Love Story stamp set. I attached the tags with a bit of twine since her wedding theme is an outside elegant vintagey wedding.


Here is a picture of the second set of tags - I tried to mix it up a bit with have a cork background mixed in with some laced up twine around it (far right) and then sponged the lavender ink with the SEI papers to create the papers in the middle tag and went a bit crazy with sponging, punching out corners and adding some ribbon and buttons to the one on the far left. All the sentiments are from the Love Story stamp set:

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Lavender papers from Bazzil, white cardstock from PTI
StampsLove Story and Love Notes stamp set from Verve Stamps
Inks: Grape Jelly and LuLu Lavender from Memento Inks
Accessories: twine, cork, heart lattice punch, heart punch, butterfly punch, heart corner punch and scalloped corner punch are from Martha Stewart, chipboard heart, dimensionals, buttons from PTI  purple vintage buttons, liquid pearls, stickles (diamond and crystal), bling-pearls and silver dots, corner punch, tag punch from CM. 

I was so amazed at how quickly these tags came together - I just adore these stamp sets - Please check out all the stamps over at the Verve Stamps site!

I always love making things for people I love - and I loved every single second of making these tags. I am so happy for my dear friend and so excited for her and her fiance as they begin this new chapter! Will post more pics after the wedding!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

11 comments:

Shirley said...

These are absolutely lovely!!! What a variety of techniques and art!

Judy M. said...

The tags are awesome. Wonderful colors.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! beautiful. Just found your blog today, love it!

Maureen said...

gorgeous, girl!! What a lucky friend...love seeing so many beauties and how they go together :) Biggest of hugs to you!!

Sudha said...

Wow awesome creations.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. So romantic. Perfect for a wedding.

Ms. Tuzo said...

NICE CARD!!!

Karen Linarez said...

Bright & beautiful card! Love that flower medallion, love the design paper, love the colors, great layout!

Karen Linarez said...

Gorgeous tags! I love the colors, the bling, and the shape elements you've used. Great inspiration for me to make tags for my daughters cookie bags.

Anonymous said...

Your tags are absolutely Beautiful! :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful designs!