Saturday, May 28, 2011

You Make the Difference

Hi Everyone,

I am so excited that my parents are visiting myself and the kids this week - its been just absolutely lovely and sweet and awesome - all rolled into one! I have already made a few things for my mom ad dad - but I wanted to make a special little something to show them how much I love them. Any good qualities that I might have are all there because of my parents and those values and lessons that they taught me - are all things I see myself saying and teaching my children. I am so forever grateful to my parents - for every single thing that they have done - and for everything that they do for my wee ones - and so I wanted to make a card for them that my kids could sign on the inside - with pictures of the kids and the sentiment: "You make a difference in my life" from the Bloom and Grow stamp set from Verve stamps.

I loved making this card - maybe it is because it was for my parents and that it had pictures of our children that made it so lovely to make this card :) I stamped the frame from the Sweet Treats stamp set and popped it up over the pictures of the kids. These pictures were cut out with the embossed oval die and then adhered to the DP and then I popped the frame over them with dimensionals. 



Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Sweet Treats stamp set, Bloom and Grow Stamp set
Papers: MME and PTI
Inks: London Fog, Danube Blue from Memento Inks
Accessories: Embossed Oval die from Verve Stamps, ribbon, buttons and brads from MME, liquid pearls, spellbinders, dimensionals, twine

I can't wait to give this to my parents and hope the know how amazing they are. Its amazing how each of us have an ability to make difference in so many people's lives - and I am grateful that who my parents and my grandparents are can be passed down in lessons, teachings and stories to our children and their children. I am excited for the kids to sign their names inside and leave a little message for their grandparents :)

Hope you don't mind my sharing these little thoughts :)
Thank you so much for coming over to visit today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

No comments: