Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks - Day 2!!!!

I made a baby girl card for a dear friend of mine from high school using the beautifully illustrated  Bringing Home Baby stamp set - which is illustrated by amazing talents of the one and only Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line. This stamp set has 23 images and has the cutest images of nursery decor items as well as little mini images that you can use to create a little nursery scene or simple CAS cards - simply adorable!!!

I stamped the window and dresser in this stamp set and colored them with copics and glazed them, before popping them up on dimensionals onto the cardstock sheet. Onto the dresser I stamped, colored. cut and popped up various little decorations that are in this stamp set (seriously - there are SOOO many awesome little yummy stamps in this set!) and created a little scene using the stamps. I used the SCS sketch #330 from last week as my sketch inspiration. The border of the central image panel is bordered by the Scalloped Eyelet Border die from Taylored Expressions.  The buttons are from stash and are weaved and tied with some twine and I used the same twine to tie the sentiment: "It's a Girl!" on the the ribbon. I finished it off with a wee bit of liquid pearls and bit of glitter from my Spica pens. 




Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Bringing Baby Home by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Tickled Pink from MME and Snowwhite Choice cardstock
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa and copics
Accessories: twine, glaze, liquid pearls, satin ribbon, dimensionals, eyelet scalloped die from Taylored Expressions, buttons from stash and chunky glitter.


I really love how this turned out and can't wait to send it over to my friend! And one day soon, I hope I get to meet her little girl! Well, after making this Baby Girl card, I thought I would make a Baby Boy card :) using the second stamp set that we are previewing today called Baby Cakes!

The Baby Cakes stamp set not only has Cuppie but now Cuppie has a baby cupcake!!! Awww!!! This adorable stamp set illustrated by the wonderfully talented Jessie Oleson , has 18 images with sweet Cuppie and mini Cupkins with the sweet est sentiments ever. I have always adored Cuppie and now I love that there are mini Cuppie Cakes in the mix :) For my card today, I used the Spotted Owl DP from Jillibean Soup for a fun boy look :) I stamped Cuppie holding wee cuppie in a sling (which by the way is the only way I survived having my babies - I just carried them here and there and it was so easy and lovely! I was so excited that there was a Cuppie holding baby in a sling image! :) I popped Cuppie onto the From the Heart Frame die.  I used the Taylored Expressions Pennant Border Die with the TE Small Scallop die border on top of the card and finished it off with some hand cut hearts and a poofy ribbon :)


 Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Baby Cakes Home by Taylored Expressions
Paper:Jilibean Soup and Snowwhite Choice cardstock
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Rose Red and Tuxedo Black and copics
Accessories: Pennant Die from Taylored Expressions, Caribbean Satin ribbon, bling from stash, hearts cut out by hand, , from the heart dieSmall Scallop die from Tayored Expressions, dimensionals and liquid pearls. 


I love how this turned out and can't wait to see all the wonderful creations from the Baker's Dozen DT!!! Please hop with me and check them out!!!




Thanks so much for stopping by and please stop by tomorrow for Day 3 of Sneak Peeks!!!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)


Here are the links to the Taylored dies used today:


 



10 comments:

Janine - Ellabella said...

Your cards are just delightful...so perfect in every way.

Karen Giron said...

These are just gorgeous and stunning and so amazing! LOVE the glossy accents on the first card and the adorable pennant banners on the second and of course you fabulous colors!!!

Chris Millar said...

Hi, I've stumbled across your blog all the way from Australia and just want to say how absolutely stunning your cards are! They are all masterpieces!!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

OMG I am picking myself up off the floor right now! That Baby Cuppie card is so cute it should be illegal! Awesome work on both cards!

Melissa Sauls said...

Omg girl, what is NOT to love about these two cards?? I swear, everything you create are just pure works of art!! The first one totally is sooo realistic looking! Just awe struck!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Oh my, Sankari, these are GORGEOUS!!! Love the dresser scene with all that shine & the color with sweet Cuppie on the second are perfect!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Sankari, these are TOO TOO sweet! I just LOVE that mama with baby in the sling. . .so cute! And look at that fabulously shined dresser in the first card. Awesome my friend!

Jami said...

Both of your cards are so beautiful, sweet girl! The chest reminds me of antique furniture and the cuppie card really looks like a celebration!

ChristineCreations said...

Sankari....I think your baby room creation is one of the prettiest and precious baby cards I've ever seen! It shows such craftsmanship. I love the gloss - it really gives it the feeling of polished furniture!

Jodi Collins said...

These are both SO sweet!!! That baby cuppie tugs on my heart!