Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #66 -Clueless



Good Morning Everyone and welcome to the 66th Cinema Saturday Creative challenge!! Every week over at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog, we pick a different movie from which we base as our inspiration for creating our cards. Well, this week we picked the movie: Clueless (1995). This movie is loosely based on Jane Austen's novel Emma, set in modern time (you can read more about the comparisons on this site ). Our challenge requirement for this movie was to use a touch of plaid (there are so many plaid outfits in this movie!).

I think one of my most favorite memories from watching this movie was remembering how popular it was to use the phrase "whatever", or "as if.." which kinda came out of this movie :)
I always thought that Alicia Sliverstone was just perfect for the role of Cher (which is really the role of Emma from Jane Austen). She has such a sweet heart and I just adored the way that her heart opened and she was able to see the bigger picture. I loved watching this movie again and seeing all of the fashions of '95 and just loved all of Cher's purses and accessories. So my inspiration was to create a gift set for my niece's birthday with a few essential fashion items (some make up, chocolate and lotions :) using the Carolina's awesome purse box template. I used Taylor's beautiful sketch for her 100th sketch celebration (can you believe that?! a 100!! wow!). I used the sketch on the "purse":

And here is the coordinating card: The sentiment and purses are from the Downtown Diva set, the label stamp set is from the Luxurious Labels stamp set - all from Taylored Expressions:

Here is the purse giftset: The sentiment is from the Sweet Indulgence stamp set. It fits a nugget box perfectly and I also added a little make up kit for my niece for her birthday :)
**** Notice that I didn't take a picture of the nugget box with some sweet treats in it - that would be because I ate it while making this project (hanging head down in shame! will have to get more to replenish her little bday present :)

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Bo Bunny and Bazzil
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: spellbinders, bling, dimensionals, punches, eyelets, ribbon and ek success punch

I had so much fun creating this fun little purse for my niece (who isn't into the "girly" colors, so I had to create something that wasn't too pink - hope she likes this :). You can stop by the Cinema Saturday blog for more cinema inspired creations and the inspiration corner for more information and details on this movie challenge! Can't wait to see your cinema inspired creations! And stop by Taylor's blog to check out all the deets on her special sketch challenge celebration!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

`Gorgeous` sooo lush!!!Sankari:)x

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great work Sankari, I love your use of bright fun colours!

Sue said...

What a fun movie for the challenge. Love your purse and matching card. Colors are so pretty and what a nice gift for your neice.

Radha said...

So sweet... I love this purse so much... Let's go Shop!!!
An other idea... Love it !

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your nugget purse is just super charming Sankari!! I love the plaid, dot and stripes mix as well as the fun colors!! And your darling card with the little purses on it is just the sweetest. I'm sure your niece will treasure it!!

WickedPixie said...

I love the way you put color, patterns and texture together! This is another fabulous creation! :-)Traci

Alice said...

fabulous project!! love thsi!!

Naomi said...

WOW! I am sure she loved this!!! Your style is so wonderful! I love Clueless, and 'whatever' and 'as if' were a big part of my vocab in the 90's!

Lisa Petrella said...

This is fabulous!! LOVE that purse!! It's so cute! And the sentiment is perfect! I bet your niece is going to squeal with delight upon receiving this very special package!

Krista said...

Fabulous projects !!