Thursday, February 25, 2010

2 Sketches 4 You - #46 - I Love You (You're an Angel)

Good Morning Everyone!

First I just wanted to thank everyone for your super sweet comments on my first video blog post below - you guys TOTALLY made my day - (you totally made me blush :) and thanks for making me feel less dorky!!) 

Today I am excited because I got a chance to play along with my girls over at 2 Sketches 4 You - YAY! I am still so sad that my time as a DT member is over but a huge highfive and congrats to amazingly talented 3some Alice, Heather and Kay who have joined the amazing DT and a big wave of love to Kazan and Laura who do such an.  amazing job of organizing and creating this sketch challenge and for creation such a wonderful community over at  2S4Y.

The thing that I most love about the sketches that Laura and Kazan design, is that they are so free form and they allow for you to play with the shapes in the sketch and they always somehowseem to come alive :) I didn't have a chance to play along with last week's lovely sketch and so today I made two cards, one using Kazan's lovely sketch last week and Laura's lovely sketch this week :)  I just got my hands on some BG orgiins DP and so I used it for both cards :)

Here is my card using Kazan's sketch from last week :) LOVE that little element on the right. I flipped it counter clockwise and used one of the really pretty dp for this card (i just couldn't cover the flowers, they felt so happy and springy :) I used the "I love you" sentiment from the Verve set: Heart's Desire ( I {heart} this font :)
Card Ingredients:
Paper: BG origins, Prism dark suede cardstock, black from stash
Inks: Memento Expresso
StampsVerve stamp set: Heart's Desire 
Accessories: corner chomper, fiskars punch, circle punches from CM, blake glaze pens, ribbon from stash :)

Here is my card using Laura's beautiful sketch for this week :) I kinda got carried away a wee bit in this card - but had loads of fun creating it :) I used the same stamp set from Verve: Heart's Desire for the gorgeous stamped image of the heart with adorning hearts and then stamped the sentiment: "You're an Angel" from the Celebrating You stamp set. I was just going to add one punched heart for an embellie - put I couldn't stop and kept going :) It was so much fun to make this card and can't give it to a special friend of mine who is such a special angel in my life and is always there when I need her - even when I don't say anything - somehow she just knows when to call and say exactly the things that I need to hear :


Card Ingredients:



Paper: BG origins, black from stash
Inks: Stazon Black
Stamps: Verve stamp sets: Heart's Desire  and Celebrating You 
Accessories: corner chomper, MS heart punch, blake glaze pens, black accordion ribbon from Taylored Expressions, eyelets, black emgroidery thread, stickles

I am so glad that I could play along this week and am simply amazed by the wonderful samples from the DT :) Please check out the amazing samples and creations over at 2 Sketches 4 You and if you have a chance, play along! 
Thanks so much for stopping in today  :)
Hope you are having a wonderful day!
Big hugs,
Sankari :) 

13 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Hi Sankari!!!! :) Fabulous card! LOVE that black ribbon!

cnelson said...

Both cards are just stunning!! Love the black and green combination!

Laura Davis said...

Wowzers!!! Stunning work!
hugs, miss you
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Deb said...

Both cards are beautifully done! The work is breathtaking. Love the Black ribbon as it seems to make it POP!

Kay said...

Your cards are amazing and each one is it's own masterpiece! I love the hearts and that wonderful BG paper! Thank you for the sweet shout out and thank you for joining us this week at 2S4Y! ♥♥ Kay

WickedPixie said...

Wow, these are breathtaking! I always get so excited when I see that you have something new in my Reader! Thanks for the inspiration! :-)Traci

♥Jan♥ said...

My jaw dropped !

Radha said...

Sweet !! That is gorgeous!!!
Love it:))

It is for me??
LOL:))

Smita said...

Awesome cards! What is with the green these days?!?

Hugs,
Smita

Sylvia said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous! The second one is too fabulous!

Heather P. said...

*GASP* Wow Sankari, you are *AMAZING*! These are beyond gorgeous!!

Shaz said...

This card is so Beautiful! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Stunningly beautiful Sankari..love the colour palettes:)
TFI:)x