Friday, February 5, 2010

Verve Project Parade!

HI Everyone!

For the last nine days over at the Verve blog, the Divas have been creating some awesome creations with the challenge to create something related to Tags, Treats and Tins. Today for my project for the project Parade - I created something more having to do with the "tag part" of the challenge......really big tags ;)......more like a banner (that's still kind of like a tag, right ;) ?). I love creating things for the house and my family and I love decorating the place up for all of the holidays - so for Valentine's day, I thought I would create a little banner right around the dining room area where we spend most of our days Here is a picture of the banner:


and here it is hanging on our dining room window (as you can see, we are covered in snow over here :)
I created three hanging treat boxes to hang down from the banner - two of them with a picture of each of my children and the middle one is a picture of them together :

I decorated the treat favors by using the adorable monkey and sentiments in the Love Monkey set to decorate each of the clear favor boxes, along with the Heart Notes stamp set to decorate the corners.

Here is an example of one of the treat favor Boxes - I used the sentiment "My little love monkey" which perfectly describes my son :). The other sentiments used are "You've stolen my heart" and "My heart is yours". The back side of these can be filled up with some little treats. They of course love things with their pictures on it - so they were excited to see these little hanging treat boxes :)

In making the banner, first cut out as many panels as desired out of chipboard and cover with papers of your choice (I used papers from the Sweet Love Collection from Yellow Bicycle). I then punched out holes and added eyelets at the tops of the chipboard and typed out the word "love" and cut it out and covered it with a healthy dose of the pink sugarcoating glitter :) I used the Love's Flower stamp set for both the awesome sentiment and the beautiful flowers (all paper pieced) in decorating this first pennant and the Be Mine plain Jane and the Heart Flutter was used on the second pennant:


I used the Heart's Desire sentiment and the flower from Love's Flower for the third Pennant and the Sweet Valentine stamp for the fourth:

I stamped "Be Mine" all over the paper in the 5th pennant and also used the Heart's Desire stamp set for the sentiment and on the sixth one, I paper pieced the Love's Flower stamp and then added a little pearl accent in the middle of each one:
I had a lot of fun creating this Valentine Day Banner for the "Tag" part of the challenge. Julee has so many ways that you can win some Verve stamps of your own! Please hop on over to the Verve Stamps blog and check out all the ways - you can win some Vervey goodness of your own!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

9 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Okay, Shawnie! Really...I mean...really....YOU ROCK! I will never forget the story you told me about what your son says to your littlest one. LOL! Do you sleep? I don't know how you have to think of all these FANTASTIC ideas and create them. I am in AWE!

Janelle Stollfus said...

So beautiful! I love the banner and all the whimsy feel to it with the tags. Wonderful job.

Radha said...

CC!!
<<>>
***HUGS***
~~~~ LOVE IT ALL~~~~

Sharon Harnist said...

This is spectacular, Sankari, and your children are adorable!!

~kelly marie~ said...

That is so adorable!

~kelly marie~ said...

That is so adorable!

Radha said...

I had to come back just to say
I do do love love the flower, and the heart:))
see u soon:)

Naomi said...

What an amazing banner!!! Your detail on each piece is mind-boggling! Wow!!! The hanging pics of your kids really makes this super special! I am inspired by you every time I visit!

Brooke S said...

Love it.... Happy Valentines Day My Sweet Sunny!

HUGS
Brooke