Thursday, February 4, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks - Day 2

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Today marks Day 2 of Sneak Peeks over at Taylored Expressions, where today the Baker's Dozen will be showing you another exciting development at Taylored Expressions:.... drum roll please!!..... Stamps A la Carte! Taylored Expressions will now be offering you a single serving of sweetness in the same top quality deeply etched pink rubber you love! For February we have 8 irresistible Whimsical Wishes Animals in Love! There is also a full sized sentiment stamp set that coordinates with all of these different animals and probably with other stamps that you might already have! The sentiments are perfect for Valentine's day - or any other occasion!
What that means - is that you can buy which ever of the 8 animals in love stamps that Taylor will be releasing on Friday - individually, a la carte - along with the sentiment stamp set that coordinates with all 8 animals in this set. Love that flexibility!

Today I will be showing off the cutest little elephants and owls in love :) This first card uses the elephant stamp set with the sentiment "Big Love":
Here is a closer peek - I LOVE all of these hearts coming out of the elephants - and love that you can color them in different colors or just monotone colors (I covered mine in a glaze) :

The second card that I made with these sweet elephants uses the fun bright colors of MME papers - it had a fun carnival feel and I loved adding some puffy heart embellishments to the center of the hearts:
Here is a closer peek at the hearts and the lacquered elephants :)


The second set of projects today involve the cutest little owls ever!!! I mean seriously - these owls have such a sweet feeling of love between them - love it! - and there are so many sentiments that you can mix and match with this set. I made this card using the owlies and then for the background tore some paper to resemble bark - I love the different possibilities with this sweet little set :)

I think my most favorite sentiment - is "Owl Always Love You" - these owls are sooo cute and they reminded me of my two cuties when they snuggle :) We had finished story time - where we all snuggle on the couch and when I went to get another story - I saw my two little wee ones snuggling with each other - so I had to quickly get a picture - its one of my favorite moments - and I LOVE how it goes with the two owlies snuggling up with each other.
I used the On the Grape Vine chipboard that Taylor has in her store to create this frame. I sponged the chipboard and then I doodled over the sponging with a gel pen and then added the elements in the center of it... I love how it turned out - and the best part was seeing their faces when I showed it to them this morning :))) I hope that they will always be close with each other - always take care of each other - I can't believe how big they are getting - makes me feel weepy!

I put it in a frame to hang up in our hallway and can't wait to make more - I love the verstatility of these stamp sets that they can be used with scrapbook pages, valentine's day or everyday kind of projects!
I can't wait to surf around to the Baker's Dozen blogs this morning to see all of these cute animals in love!!! These ladies are absolutely brilliant and fantastic!!! Check out the amazing creations that these amazing ladies have created!!!


and of course!: Taylor VanBruggen

Tomorrow is RELEASE day and there is more cuteness around the corner - so please come on back tomorrow!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!
Big hugs to all,
Sankari :)

18 comments:

chris said...

Hiya Sankari
never mind a drum roll you should have a full brass band bringing these cards in, they are exquisite.
you amaze me . hugs chris xx

Taylor said...

These are all totally amazing, Sankari! I was completely floored by that Elephant card that you brought to CHA with all the fun puffy stickers on the hearts...too cute! And that picture of your kids just melts my heart...how sweet! They will cherish that beautiful frame for a long time to come! They're so lucky to have someone like you to preserve those memories for them!

Zgirl said...

These are beautiful. I stumbled onto your blog and boy am I glad I did--your work is beautiful. I absolutely love your use of color. And your kiddos are darling. Naznin.

~kelly marie~ said...

I am absolutely in love with all of these projects! The glaze is the perfect touch on the elephants! :)

calendula said...

Sankari, this is sooooo beautiful!
I love elephants too :)
Welcome! :o)

http://calenduladesign.blogspot.com/

jjcreations said...

OH My word - your cards are stupendous!!! I love how you've raised the images - the variety of hearts you have is awesome.

Jodi Collins said...

How lucky am I to have SUCH an amazing talented friend like you??? Once again, and I say this all the time, these are AMAZING! I just LOVE the project with the pic of your little ones...so touching!! LOVE these...you ROCK girlie!

Radha said...

CC!!!!
T H A T IS SO SO SO SO

Next time I see u I tell u in person!!!

Its gorgeous!!!
How sweet...
U should be hired by W Desney!!!!!!
:)

Dawn Easton said...

Love these girl! That glaze you added is amazing on the hearts and elephants! I need to get some!!! HEHE! Thanks for enabling!
Love the photo...it's tooooooooooo sweet! Just darling projects again today!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

ACCCCKKKKKKK! All of these are so freakin' awesome, Sankari! WOW! That scrapbook page. . .SIGH! Awesome creations my friend!

Donna Baker said...

wow...you made me all weepy and I've never even met your kids. I know if I did I would feel a special closeness with them similar to what I feel with you. I would hug & kiss on them if they let me!! I absolutely adore the framed art you made and the picture of them is priceless. I LOVE your elephant cards! Big Hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

All of these samples are amazing! I especially like how you captured the look of the beautiful glaze! :) TFS

Karen Giron said...

Ok... that framed scrapbook page is a glorious work of art!! My goodness, my jaw is still on the floor!!! I love your cards too - they were so cute in real life!!!

BTW - my cell died when I was talking to you today, so I just decided to head on into the store and pretend I knew what the heck I was doing in there, hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Sankari, this are amazing! I love the puffy hearts on that Elephant image. But your tree frame with the owls is beyond words...STUNNING!!

TexasGrammy said...

Oh
My
GOODNESS!
Sankari, these are fantabulous!! Love the way you've used that darling owl stamp on such adorable scrap pages too!

~Bev

WickedPixie said...

These are all so gorgeous! And what a fabulous scrapbook page! Wow! :-)Traci

Dawn said...

SOOO pretty! I love the glossy elephants and the owls are darling too!You are truly talented and i lvoe the creations that you make! thanks for sharing!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my goodness Sankari, that framed project is AMAZING!!! It must look absolutely gorgeous hanging!! Wowza!! Those puffy hearts on the elephant card is TOTALLY cool!!! Would have never thought of it cause it looks AMAZING!!! Gorgeous samples as always Sankari...there are just no words to capture your talent!!!