Monday, February 8, 2010

My last Monday as a 2S4Y DT member :( Waaaahhhhh!!!!!


Good Morning Everyone!

Its with a heavy heart that I write this post - today is the end of my 6 months with the 2 Sketches for You Design Team :( waaaaaah!!! I can't believe how fast my time on the DT has flown. A huge thank you to Laura and Kazan for all that they do to create such a wonderful community over at 2 Sketches 4 You - they truly are such sweet inspirations! To have been a part of the DT and to have worked with such wonderful team mates as been such an honor and a wonderful experience - I am truly honored to have been part of this amazing team and still can't wait for every Monday to see what the DT has created and what wonderful sketches Laura and Kazan will come up with!

Today, Laura has a wonderful sketch for us to play along with (Laura's Sketch #45) and this week's sponsor is Sakura of America. I wanted to make something special for this week's card sketch since it is my last one - so I thought I would make a thank you card - for Laura and Kazan and for all of you! I am truly so grateful to be part of this cardmaking community in blogland and just wanted to say a big thank you for all of you who read this blog or leave comments - thank you so much for all of your support, encouragement and sweet wishes!!!

For this week's sketch, I rotated the sketch and did a horizontal card with the sentiment: I'm so grateful"


Card Ingredients:
Paper: Prism paper and BG Lime Rickey
Stamps: Up, up and Away and Thankful Hearts from Verve
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug red
Accessories: dimensionals, Sakura clear, white glaze and metallic pens, copics, dimensional pearls, corner rounder, spellbinders and kaiser bling.

I used the uber cute stamp set: Up, Up and Away and the wonderful stamp set Thankful Hearts from Verve. I love all the different sentiments - but this one that says "I'm so grateful" really was the perfect one to describe how I am feeling.

A HUGE heart hug to my dearest 2 Sketches 4 You Design Team members and dearest Kazan and Laura for everything - you guys have no idea how much fun and joy I have had being on the DT and creating cards with your amazing sketches!! I truly adore you both and can't wait to ALL hang out together!!!!

Hop on over to 2 Sketches 4 You and check out all the wonderful creations by the DT with this week's awesome sketch!

Big hugs to all - I am so grateful for all of you!!
Much love,
Sankari :)

14 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Another amazing card Sankari! Love it! You are the queen of details! Going to miss working along with you at Sketches, but I have your blog listed on mine so I'll be able to keep tabs on your projects and the next adventure you take. Thanks for the memories! :) Kathy

cnelson said...

You will be sososooooooooo missed Sankari!! The six months really have flown by! Love this amazing card along with ALL your work!! BIG, BIG HUGS!! Cheryl

WickedPixie said...

Absolutely Amazing! This card makes me feel like I am stepping into a different, magical world! :-)Traci

Jane said...

BRILLIANT!!!

Radha Thijm said...

SWEET CC!!
This is such a humble, fun, happy card!
The nice thing is we will see each other, we it is destiny:))

radha Thijm said...

O and I wanted to add....
CC u are a true ART-creator... u will have your unique- shop one day ...SOON :))
I will keep saying this:))

Kim Burmeister said...

Another beautiful card, Shawnie! You mean you might get a little sleep. I bet it won't be long before someone comes knocking for you to create beautiful projects with their products. Hugs!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Well MY GOODNESS you went out with a BURST of AMAZINGNESS!!! I'm sure you'll be missed! Your card is fantastic, my friend, JUST fantastic..and sunny as sweet Sankari always is!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your card is insane it is so fantastic, wow what an inspiration you are, they shouldn't let you go from the DT, wow!!!

Dawn said...

Your cards are just so gorgeous and I will bet that they are sad too!

Smita said...

Oh my God!! (again!!) Lovely card, dearest Sankari. And I am going to miss seeing your cards as part of the DT work; though I am sure you will have something equally wonderful to show even when you are't part of DT!

Hugs,
Smita

Anonymous said...

THis card is AWESOME! I just love it! Love your work!

Leigh OBrien said...

YOU are jut an amazing card maker, Sankari. You "wow" me each and every time. I am in awe of you!

Naomi said...

Wow, this card is amazingly colored! Your talent has no bounds! These hot air balloons are perfect!