Monday, February 1, 2010

Parisian Romance - Vintage Love Giftset

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Monday :) Today is my last day as Guest Designer for FireCracker Designs by Pamela and I created a little giftset with a vintage feel for my friend's birthday. She loves to create jewelry and I thought making her a little box to hold her jeweled creations would be a perfect bday present. I used the beautiful set: Parisian Romance:

I loved making this card - I love looking at vintage pieces - but cannot really make them but I found this beautiful and GORGEOUS paper from Graphic 45 and couln't wait to create this project with it :) Here is a picture of the card:


Here is a close up peek at the Eiffel Tower - I added a little vintage heart button to the top of the Bo Bunny flower (I have had this button for 3 years - and am so glad to finally use it!)

Here is a close up picture of the love sentiment with a little heart punched out with some bling and pearls (reminds me of the song "Diamonds and Pearls" by Prince :)

I decorated this box with the papers (a little bit of Zip Dry goes a long way) and then used the same Eiffel Tower Image but used the smaller size stamp for this box. I tied the ribbon across the box and then added a bow on the top with some glue dots :) Here is a picture of the box (both top and side):

And here is a picture of the front of the box :) I added the same bling as on the card and the whole box measures about 3x3 . I can't wait to give this present to her tonight!! I still have some time to go shopping and find some perfect jeweled piece to put inside the box before she opens it!
Card Ingredients:
Paper: Graphic 45 (Communique)
Stamps: Parisian Romance by FireCracker Designs
Inks: Memento Potter's Clay and Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Bling, pearls, heart punch by Martha, Spellbinder tags, Bo Bunny Flowers, vintage heart button, ribbon,

A huge thanks to Pamela for allowing me to Guest Design this month! I have absolutely LOVED working with this gorgeous set!! And I can't wait to give this present to my friend tonight! But first off - to shop for some jewelry to put in it - one of my favorite things to do (aside from shopping at the scrapbook store! :)

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday!!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

12 comments:

chris said...

Hiya sankari, I dont think I ever seen anything so gorgeous and also so unusual, its so different love it.
have a great evening love chris xx

Radha said...

Gorgeous!!!
Heel mooi!!!!

I will can't wait to see u!
love hugs

Leonie said...

Yikes, these two projects are just fabulous, what an amazing combo, my fav has to be the top of the tower, how gorgeous!

Justine said...

This is Stunning. Wow I could sit and look at it for a long time, love all your attention to details

Smita said...

Very pretty! Interesting colors.

Hugs,
Smita

Ashley Newell said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS! I love all the pretty details!

Firenze said...

These are so beautiful and artful! Glorious!
TFS
Helen
Firenze Cards

Kim Burmeister said...

Holy Moly, Shawnie! This is GORGEOUS! When do you sleep? You are amazing!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, amazing set Sankari! Love it! I'm sure yor friend will too! :) Kathy

cnelson said...

Truly stunning Sankari!!! Your creations take my breath away!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Girl this is GORGEOUS!! I love it!

Donna Baker said...

GORGEOUS! WOW!! I am kicking myself for not buying those pearls/rhinestones at CHA! I loved 'em! they look so fabulous on this project too (I LOVE that Prince song-ha!) we saw him in concert in Dallas one year!!