Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #68 - Spiderman


Every Saturday, over at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog, we pick a movie and then create a card inspired by the movie. This week's pick for our 68th challenge is the Oscar nominated movie: Spider-Man that was released in 2002. The Challenge requirement this week was to create something with some transparency or acetate in it.

I grew up reading the Spidy comic books and was excited to see the comic book come to life in the big screen. I think my most favorite part of the movie is where he is just coming into himself and recognizing his powers. I love the way he tries to live the way his uncle inspired him to and how he recognizes his strengths, his responsibilities and how he manages his new found spidy power. I made this card inspired by the "web" and was going to make it blue - but somehow - I was feeling green :)

The sentiment is inspired by Parker's struggle to be figure out "who" he really is and to fully embrace his new found powers. I used some "fun-fur" ribbon because it reminded me of the little "grippy" things on his fingers that he uses to climb buildings :)
Card Ingredients:
Paper: black and white cardstock and BG Origins paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: fun fur, liquid pearls, acetate scraps, marvy scalloped rectangle punch and heart punch, May Arts ribbon and bling from Kaiser

All of the rays coming out of the heart were a symbol of his desire to live up to the words of his uncle "with great powers, come great responsibilities" - the heart is his love for his Aunty May and his Uncle and out of that comes the web and for him to "Dare to be himself" I cut little bits of acetate and alternated them on my "kind of a web" part of the card (its so hard to take a picture of acetate!).
I had a lot of fun making this crazy card and hope you will join us this week!! Please check out the CInema Saturday Creative Challenge blog for all the Spidy Details :))

Big hugs!
Sankari :)

5 comments:

Smita said...

Super card. Love your green obsession ;-) And Spiderman is a movie my little boy would be happy to know as the theme for a card ;-)

Hugs,
Smita

WickedPixie said...

This is beautiful! I love how you take inspiration but aren't totally literal. I have a hard time with that so I am learning so much from you! :-)Traci

Kim Burmeister said...

Sankari, this is AWESOME! I wondered what you were going to make with this one. You are Amazing!

scubasubie said...

Oh that looks phenom! You really know how to make anything looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sankari, I adore this card. Love the black fringe trim. You continue to inspire and amaze. Spiderman was amazing but he can not hold a candle to your skills!!:)