Monday, January 17, 2011

Final 2S4Y sketch - Heartfelt Thanks

Every monday for the last 2 years Laura and Kazan have presented a new sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You everyone to play with and they have created a wonderful stamping community who come together every monday and through the week and play along with bloggers all around the world with their wonderful sketches.  They are both so sweet and incredibly creative! I feel so honored to have been on the 2 Sketches 4 You Design Team and to have worked with Laura and Kazan. This monday, will be the last sketch from these wonderful girls as they move on to some other wonderful creative opportunities - but they will keep the blog and sketch gallery open so that everyone can peruse it for inspiration and to get their creative mojo going! They have invited all the 2S4Y design team - past and present to play along with their final sketches, which are simply beautiful!
I wanted to create a bon voyage card for these wonderful girls - but what I ended up doing was creating a thank you card for them using Laura's final sketch. I can't even thank them enough for allowing me to be part of their DT and for all their hard work over all of this time in commenting on everyone's cards and for all their encouragement and super positivity, so dearest Kazan and Laura  - thank you so much for everything that you do and have done! You guys simply rock!

One of the things that I have always loved about their sketches is that they allow and encourage you to take the sketch and run with it - you never know where you might end up once you start :) I loved the heart on the top right corner and so wanted to use the "heart" as a theme for the card and so I used the brand new Fancy Tags stamp set from JustRite Stamps ((that will also coordinate with some new Spellbinders to be released :) and this stamp set is will be part of the new line of JustRite Cling stamps
I used the hearts on one side to create a border and the ribbon on the other side to create the other border and attached the Fancy tag with the sentiment "heartfelt thanks" to one of the hearts up in the corner. I might have gone a bit crazy with the liquid pearling onto the ribbon - but what can I say - it is slightly addictive!

Thank you so much dearest Kazan and Laura for creating such a wonderful 2S4Y community and family! You girls are amazing and I know that everything that you pursue and go for will just shine with your brilliant touch! Wishing you both the best in everything and sending you both so much heartfelt thanks and love!!!

Big hugs and smiles across the miles,
Sankari :)

6 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! This is BEYOND gorgeous, sweet girl! I love all the detail and the beautiful liquid pearl bordering. This is so sweet! Sorry to hear that 2SFY is closing though-but you definitely knocked this last one out of the park!

Ann said...

This is beautiful, Sankari! I love the detail you put into your cards!

I'm gonna miss 2S4Y like crazy! It was the first challenge blog I ever participated in.

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a gorgeous card! love all the detailing. wonderful papers and color combo. thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Smita said...

Lovely card, Sankari. I love the hearts on the border!

Hugs,
Smita

Radha said...

love the hearts popping out/or overflowing...

Anonymous said...

Amazing!