Friday, January 21, 2011

VLV Sketch #4 - Be Mine

HI Everyone,

Today is Friday and that means that there is a brand new Viva La Verve Sketch happenin! And I am so excited to be hosting the last sketch for January (make sure to check out all the Verve sketches for January here!) and when I drew up the sketch - I had one person in mind - dearest Marisa who is definitely NOT a fan of any panels that tilt! The last time I did a VLV sketch - it had a tilted panel and I think I could hear her groan when she saw it :D  so when I was drawing the sketch for this week's sketch challenge - I tried to make one without a tilted panel in honor of you dearest Marisa :)! Of course if you want to tilt a panel - please feel free to tilt away - all tilting welcome! 
For my card today, I had to use Emery - I adore this little guy! I cut out the panels using my nesties and popped up Emery (whose belly I paper pieced) onto the center panel. I stamped a heart from the Love Notes stamp set,  paper pieced the cute kites from the To The Moon stamp set and used the sentiment: "Be Mine" from the Swirling Hearts stamp set


Card Ingredients:
Paper: MME and PTI cardstock
Stamps: the heart is from the Love Notes stamp set, the paper pieced kites are from To The Moon stamp set, the sentiment "Be Mine" is from the Swirling Hearts stamp set, Emery (Plain Jane) stamp image from Verve Stamps.
Ink: Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black from Memento Ink
Accessories: liquid pearls, EK success scallop punch, heart punch from MS, bling from stash, dimensionals, copics, ribbon from Emma's Papiere, nesties, baker's twine and red tacky tape.

I loved making this card - I think the best part of making it was having some time to myself last night - the kids were in bed, the house was quiet and all was good! I love those quiet moments :) I love this little Emery guy - and can't wait to make some more cards with him - he is just sooo very sweet!

Hope you will play along with the sketch challenge! One person who completes all 4 of the VLV sketch challenges this month will win the entire Verve Release - you can check out the VLV page for more details on how to win lots of yummy Verve!!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)  

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautyfull card.

Radha said...

Cute!!! Cute cute love the way the kite, the hearts are included!

Brenda said...

gorgeous card. Love the color scheme!

Keks said...

Beautiful card, colors are great!

Shannan Teubner said...

GORGEOUS, Sankari!! You are amazing!

Sabrina said...

Just love the colors on this fabulous card!

Jenny said...

Love Love Love this card Sankari!!! Colours are beautiful and Emery is the sweetest!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is too stinking cute. Love the colour combo and all the detail!

Anonymous said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! FABULOUS!

Jen Shults said...

This is so stinking cute! I LOVE the papers you used and you really do amazing work with the Liquid Pearls. This is REALLY gorgeous!