Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blast From the Past Blog Hop #7 - Taylored Expressions

Hi everyone,


Every month Taylored Expressions hosts a Blast from the Past Blog Hop - where all TE fans can sign up for the blog hop and use their fave TE stamps from previous releases. This month, the theme was to create something with "Love is in the Air" and I knew that I wanted to use the cutest little elephants from the Stamps A La Carte Elephants in Love.  I love these cute elephants and love that they are showering everyone with hearts :)






I used the sketch from this month's Blast From The Past and used the new Be Mine DP from Echo Park - love the grays in this collection! I stamped the ellie heart image onto the Snow White Choice cardstock. I paper pieced some of the hearts and then colored the rest of the hearts and the cute ellies with copics. After finishing, I finished with my clear spica glitter and applied a few epoxy hearts to the stamped image.  I cut out the stamped image using the Taylored Dies: Take Note Die -3 and stamped the sentiment "showered with love" and made it a wavy flag. I had fun with the white opal liquid pearls and finished off the card with a trio of hearts on the bottom of the card:

Card Ingredients: 
Paper: Echo Park:  Be Mine DP and Snow White Choice cardstock
Stamps: Elephants in Love stamp from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Tuxedo Black ink
Accessories: heart epoxy stickers and ribbon from stash, Take Note Die -3,  dimensionals, EK success punch, white opal liquid pearls and clear spica glitter.

I loved stamping these cute elephants! All of the animals in love stamps are so cute - you can check them out here.  Also check out THIS POST on Taylor's blog for details on some special products over at Taylored Expressions that are on a Special VALENTINE's SALE from now through the 23rd of January to get you into the Valentine's Day crafting mood!!

There are so many amazing crafters who are playing along with this month's Blast from the Past - so hop on over with me and check them all out and if you leave a comment during the blog hop - you could  AND A PRIZE! We will be drawing one random hopper to receive a FREE Taylored Expressions set of their own - and we'll also be choosing another creation to be featured in an upcoming TE newsletter. Stay tuned to Taylor's blog for more details about the next Blast From the Past!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)






20 comments:

TannyP said...

O.M.G. Seriously?! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! All those pearls and those super sweet hearts?! This card rocks!

Taylor said...

This is super fun, Sankari! You always work wonders with these cute elephants!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty, Sankari! I love those cute elephants, and their heart spray!! And I love how you accent so many of your cards with the pearl dots...it adds so much! Great job! ♥♥♥

Natalie said...

LOVE IT!! Thanks for the wonderful sketch to help with the creative inspiration!! Fun and fabulous card!! WOW!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What a great card--I love all the fine details, the liquid pearls, the hearts, and the wavy flag for the sentiment! Wow!

Chris L.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Sankari. Awesome sketch and perfect embellishments. :o)

Unknown said...

This is fabulous, Sankari! Love all the details!

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Deep breath! This rocks! Love that heart treatment!

Radha said...

sob sob:((
I missed it!!!
The elephant and the hearts are my FAV!!!!
Love it so much! well done!
Next one I hope to play:))))Yeah!!!

Wanda G said...

I agree with TannyP...those liquid pearls are off the hook! Great card! Love your blog - and today I am a fellow blog hopper! Have a nice day.

Jenn K said...

Love the elephants! Very sweet card!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! This is sooo gorgeous with all the classy colors and details...the hearts are fabulous and the Liquid Pearls look awesome!!!!

Regina Mangum said...

Another Sankari special! And I LOVE the brads in the hearts. Adorable! XOXO

Jami said...

Whoa! way to ROCK your own sketch girlie! LOVE THIS!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love this image and how you did the hearts!

Michelle L. said...

so adorable! I love all those pearly dots!

Karen Motz said...

Get OUT with the paper pieced hearts!!! Brilliant!!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So, so cute, Sankari! LOVED this sketch too!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

The stamps and colors are fabulous.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kristie W. said...

This is the cutest card!! Thank you so much for providing another great sketch to work with!