Saturday, January 22, 2011

JustRite Stamps: You are a Wonderful Friend

Happy Saturday Everyone,
I am very grateful that it is saturday - there is nothing like being able to sleep in bed under the covers when you are feeling sick and everything outside is so very cold and gray - ugh. I have to admit that I am dreading monday - hoping that all this congestion is gone by then and my head feels less like cotton balls :) There is nothing like a little stamping to clear the head ;)  I had a chance to play along with one of the new gorgeous JustRite cling stamps called: You Inspire Me. I love all the frames that fill this stamp set and the sentiments are so very sweet and lovely. I wanted to make a card for a dear friend of mine and wanted her to know how much I appreciate her friendship over almost 20 years! Its so strange to write that - time does fly by and I remember thinking 20 years ago that the age I am now at present - was so very old (ha!)  now I remember how even though I thought that I knew so much back then, I realize that I really didn't know very much at all :) Anyhow, I wanted to make my friend a special card and I feel so grateful that even across this span of years we are connected. 
The frames are all so lovely, that I think one of the hardest things was choosing which one to use :) I picked the large ovalesque frame and stamped the image in white onto black cardstock, cut out the oval frame in the cneter and popped it over the turquoise cardstock onto which I stamped the sentiment: "You are a Wonderful Friend": 

Card Ingredients:
Paper: cardstocks from stash
Stamps: You Inspire Me stamp set from JustRite stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Stazon White ink
Accessories: EK success scallop punch, bling from Bazzill, nestabilities, ribbon from May Arts, red tacky tape, dimensionals and liquid pearls.

I traced over the frame over with some liquid pearls and then embellished a few scallop edges with them as well. I was going to add another accent color, but kind of liked the black/white and turquoise feel, so I added a little ruffled edging to the sides of the card and some bling on the bottom. 

I hope that she will feel the love within this card and can't wait to see her soon :)
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope your weekend is happy and sunny!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

5 comments:

Luv 2 Create said...

Gorgeous color combo. Love your frame and the layered scallops with all that dazzle. Very pretty.
Marcie

Radha said...

OMG!!
I know it is JR! But it looks to me so VERVIE!!!
Love it the color, the liquid pearls and all!

Kristie W. said...

WOW! This card is absolutely stunning!!

Kristie W. said...

This is adorable!! I really love the colors you used!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Shankari. Love these stamps...wish to have them siome day. It looks so versatile.