Sunday, January 23, 2011

Love Birds in a Wreath of Love

HI Everyone, 

I had a chance this morning to play - just for fun - in my craft area :) I love when that happens and I have to say that it was such a great form of therapy!

 I created this card using one of the sweetest little Petite Stamps called: Wreath of Love from Taylored Expressions that was released in January. I adore these two little love birds in the nest and the sentiment : "You're Welcome in my Nest Anytime" totally cracks me up! ha!  I paired the sentiments and image with the large frame from the New Beginnings stamp set. I used all the accessories and papers from the January Key Ingredients kit (you can see more projects with this kit on the KI blog). The colors in this kit are so happy and bright and makes me yearn for spring! :)

It was fun to add some sparkle to the hearts and pop the birds in the nest on top of the wreath. I added a little trio of buttons to the bottom and a line of the ribbon on the edges of the image panel. 

 Card ingredients:
Paper: All papers are from the Key Ingredients kit from January from Taylored Expressions
Stamps: Wreath of Love and New Beginnings from Taylored Expressions
Ink: RoseRed and Bamboo Leaves and Tuxedo black from Memento
Accessories: heart punch from MS,EK success punch, liquid pearls, dimensionals, stickles and copics


I popped up the center of the frame and finished it off with some sponging and liquid pearls. It was so much fun to make this card - and I love getting some stamping in the early hours of the morning! what a great way to start the day :) Well, I am off to an exciting day filled with laundry, dishes and vacuuming ( I know I know, its so exciting around here)!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope that you have a wonderful rest of your weekend and a great start to your week tomorrow!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

11 comments:

Ann said...

Absolutely wonderful, Sankari! The color palette is amazing, & I adore that sweet sentiment!

Tee said...

Beautiful colors..love the cuteness of the whole card!
Tejal

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful! I love all the shades of green in the wreath!! I have the same kind of fun filled day planned as you do! :-)

Aneta Malisz (andape) said...

I really like this card. I love to check back here because I always find something beautiful. Greetings from Poland

Debbie Carriere said...

This is absolutely adorable!! Love the images & sentiment & wonderful colors. TFS :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful card. i love visiting your blog. Everything is so pretty.

SpantastiKreations said...

I'm a new follower from
http://spantastikreations.blogspot.com/.
I stumbled across your blog googling blog awards. :) Your blog is fantastic.

I hope you can come visit my blog when you have a chance.

Erin

Lynda Benden said...

This is just darling Sankari! I LOVE the colors and that image is sweet as can be! I hope you are doing well!!!

Jami said...

Oh I just love this - everything about it really - but especially the way you colored the birds! Darling!

Luv 2 Create said...

Beautiful colors Sankari. Is that one of MS's new punches? Cute wreath. Hope you had a great weekend.
Marcie

Naomi said...

At the risk of sounding corny, this is so "TWEET"!!! I so love the color scheme (I'm working on a project with similar colors right now... great minds!!!???) And I love the non-christmas-related use of the wreath. Very nice indeed!