Thursday, January 6, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks - Day 3 !!!!!!





Hi Everyone!


Welcome to Day 3 of Sneak Peeks over at Taylored Expressions, where today we are previewing some amazingly cute and adorable stamp sets being sneaked! - ALONG with some super cute LITTLE designers who are joining us today (more on that to come!!)  We are previewing three super seriously adorable stamp sets: A Little Love, Sweet Friends and and Kid at Heart. All of these will be available on Friday at 8am PST!


The A Little Love stamp set is a mini stamp set that coordinates with the Favor Frame Die and was illustrated by Taylor for the "te" stamp line and is perfect for sweet treats and tags! I altered a Tea Tin using the Valentine's Project Pantry Kit that Taylor will also be releasing tomorrow. I thought that this would be perfect for holding little candy treats and totally love the cuteness of this DP, it was so easy to cut one of the image panels from the DP to attach to the Tea Tin:





The Valentine's Project Pantry Kit along with DP, cardstock, ribbon, brads, heart pins also comes with chipboard - I used the large postage stamp chipboard and embossed it in silver and the inner square I covered it in DP and some ribbon through which I put the Baker's Twine with the tag attached. 




The second card that I made uses the Kid at Heart stamp set that I know you are going to fall in love with because of its BEYOND cuteness! This set is perfect for both kids and all the adults who are also kids at heart! This is the perfect stamp set to create homemade Valentine's for classroom exchange - but it is perfect for birthdays, little love notes and just  because cards. I used one of my favorite images from the stamp set - this cute little dinosaur - with the sentiment: "You're Dino-Mite!" LOL!!!! I used the super cute frame in the stamp set that I inked up in red and then cut out and popped up. I created a little scene for the dinosaur to climb up a mountain and added a little sun to the top of the mountain. All the papers in this card and embellishments are from the Valentine's Project Pantry Kit.. I distressed some of the edges of the papers to give it that "dino" feel :)) It was such a fun card to create!





And now for some exciting news!!!


Awhile ago, Taylor asked us if any of our children would like to be part of a Tiny Chefs Design Team to create some samples for the Kids Valentine Card Kit that she has created. My 6 year old son was super excited to create some cards and he was totally beyond excited to get his OWN Kids Valentine Card kit and to use Taylor's stamps (he by the way - thinks that these are his stamp sets and I have to ask him if I can use them! We spent an afternoon crafting and it was so much fun to see him create these cards. Each card kit comes with image panels, cardstock, cut pieces of DP, ribbon and embellishments and envelopes all ready for 20 cards! He created 6 cards in a row and is ready to create more! I tied little bows and attached them to a glue dot for him to use - but other than that - he did the rest! Here is a pic of my Tiny Chef with his 6 cards :)




And here is a closer look at his cards. He made the one with the purple cupcake for his sister because she loves purple! So cute! And I think one of my faves is the turtle image - where he stamped the sentiment upside down :) He was upset that it was upside down - but I told him that it was perfect that way and totally unique too! I think the best part of making these cards with him was getting to craft together - we had so much fun and he totally cracked me up!


I thought that I would make a quick video of him crafting away - so here is a little video that I created of his craft process :) Please excuse my messy craft space - (how can a craft space ever stay clean is my question?) He loved watching this video and wants to make more cards and our 3 year old daughter who didn't really want to do it in  the beginning now wants to make her own cards too!!! 





We are planning another craft afternoon this weekend and I can't wait to snap some more pics of my two tiny wee ones stamping!!! 


I can't wait to check out all the creations that the Baker's Dozen has created along with all the Tiny Super Cute Chefs that joined in on today's creations!!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by today!!
Please stop in tomorrow for Release Day!!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

30 comments:

Taylor said...

That has got to be the BEST video ever!! Jayanta is such a little professional and he stamped everything so well! I can't believe he did it all by himself!

Thank you so much for sharing this! It has put a permanent smile on my face! :)

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Cute box! Love the card! Fun details!

Jackie Pedro said...

Jayanta needs to go into television or develop his own stamp line!!! What an absolutely DARLING video, Sankari!! I LOVED listening to you "letting go of your stamp space"!!! Adorable....really made my day!

Karen Giron said...

Oh Sankari, that is the BEST video ever! Jayantha is soooo cute and a natural - he'll have his own arts and crafts show before too long - haha! Katie watched it with me and says she loves Uma :) I'm in love with her long hair - goodness! And you cracked me up when you mentioned letting go of your craft space - "just tap" hahaha!

Way to go Jayantha!!! Love from your aunty Kiki :)

Sankari, you did a good job too ;)

Christine said...

Cute video!! Jayantha did a great job on his cards.

Unknown said...

Ok that was the cutest video I have ever seen! He did an awesome job on those cards!
Rachelle

Teri C said...

Wow! Lots of work here!

Caterina Titus said...

Oh wow!! Seriously, I have no words to express my amazement by Jayanta's expert card making and presenting skills - awesome!! This has totally made my day.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so adorable! Love everything and your kids are precious!!

Sherry said...

Wow what a talent child you have thanks for sharing this with us

Lea L. said...

These are so cute!! I just love that dino card!! ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

OMGosh-- seriously, can you GET any cuter than that!! What a little doll-- he seriously needs to be a little movie star -- I was cracking up watching his arm right next to the stamp pad and I could feel your cringing of the stamp smush through the camera -- lol... Seriously adorable video! Loved it!!

Regina Mangum said...

Love your little stampers! Your projects are darling, and I love your dinosaur card...my rugrat would LOVE that one! XOXO

DJreflections said...

Your son was so sweet and handsome!And his cards were precious! I liked your dinasour card.(I don't think I spelled that right)

Big Mamma~ a.k.a. Mary S said...

wow all this cards are adorable. Make sure you read all these comments to him so he knows how great he did.

Connie F. said...

Sankari, thanks for the video. I love both the tin and the card. Jayanta is very professional!!

Eva said...

OMG!!!! This was the most fun video to watch!!! What cuties you have!!! I just adore both of them and might I say the talent sure runs in the family!!!! The cards turned out super cute!!! Tell Jayanta, he is a pro and needs to keep stamping! Hugs to you all!!!

Sara Mac said...

What an adorable video! I was cracking up at your reaction to him inking up those stamps, etc. Too cute! He did such an awesome job on his cards. Your children are beautiful!

Julie said...

ADORABLE! I Love Jayantha's valentine and your video! I think you may have started something with sharing your craft supplies here but what FUN!!!

Julie said...

Oh forgot to mention it was adorable watching the video and listening to your Son say Dino-Mite!

Chinnu said...

What a GREAT video, and what adorable kids you have - Jayantha is a natural in front of the camera!

Radha said...

LOL Girl I laughed laughed and laughed!!! so much fun... I do understand Letting go of your craft room hi hi:))
Lovely cards!
U are all such a pro!!!

Radha said...

Love the kids! and UMA's hair look so silky... such a great add for a silky shampoo:))

Brenda said...

I love it! I love to do this with my 4 year old granddaughter.

Rose said...

Love your tin and that adorable dinosaur card! Super cute stuff. Your son looks too cute with his work, how adorable is that. I love seeing boys stamp, I had all my Boy Scouts stamp at the holidays and they loved it! Your daughter does look ready to go.

Laurie said...

what a wonderful video of your little ones and the new stamping rock stars in your family - way to go!

Karen Motz said...

Wowzers!!! Jayanta's cards are definitely DINO-MITE!!!!! And that video...totally priceless!!!! I love the blah-blah-blah part!!!

Oh yeah, Sankari, your's is awesome too!!

Jodi Collins said...

That is the BEST video!!! He is SO awesome Sankari...a total natural! Meredith keeps making me put it on over and over..and over...and over! LOL!!

June said...

That was an awesome video and I couldn't stop smiling!!!! Your son is very talented and I thought that ALL of his cards were fabulous!!! It was so sweet to see him ask for his sister's help!! I can't wait to see his next video! :o)

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my goodness Sankari he is absolutely adorable and your video is absolutely AMAZING!!! Be sure and tell him that Auntie Melissa said he did such a wonderful job on all this projects and he is going to be the prize winner of his class for sure!! And little sister did a great job "supervising" too. :)

Such a proud momma!!!