Thursday, January 20, 2011

JustRite Stamps: Fancy Frames

HI Everyone,

Happy Almost Friday! I am so happy that the weekend is almost here - there has been too much going on over here and I feel like I need some time just to be with family and spend some much needed downtime doing family things. We had a chance to travel this last weekend up north to visit family and one of our dear friends who is like my little sister was not able to be there - so I created this card to send to her with the sentiment: Miss You. I don't know why I chose the monochromatic look of an all-greenish palate - but it was fun to see how all the accessories came together for it :)

I used one of the brand new cling stamps from JustRite stamps called Fancy Frames that is seriously gorgeous - I truly love these frames and how you can mix and match the sweet sentiments in them (they are also compatible with the new Spellbinders that will be released soon!). I stamped and and embossed both the frames in the stamp set with gold EP and then sponged ink onto the frames after using a heating it. I popped up the smaller frame with the sentiment: Miss You onto the larger frame and finished the edges with some liquid pearls.


Card Ingredients:
Paper: green papers from stash and cardstock from PTI, butterfly papers from stash (OA mostly)
Ink: Bamboo Leaves from Memento inks
Accessories: butterfly punch from MS, bling from stash, flower from Prima, border punch from EK success, dimensionals, gold EP and liquid pearls.

I scored the cardstock and then trailed some dots over the scored lines and finished it off with some bling and some popped up butterflies. The leaves of the flower added to the right side were hand cut out and then the little corner embellishment on the left corner is cut out and then blinged up a little :)

Please check out the JustRite stamps store for some wonderful sales that are going on!!

I loved making this card for my friend Carolina - (and if you are reading this Carolina - know that you were sooo missed this weekend and we can't wait to see you soon! xoxo!) It was fun to create a monochromatic card and I want to create more of these!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope you are having a wonderful week!
Big hugs and love,
Sankari :)

2 comments:

DG said...

Gorgeous card as always, I love the colors and all the detailed Dimensional Pearls incorporated and what a pretty flower - I need to have that flower lol.

Radha said...

Sankari!!!
This creation brought u up to a very U P UP level, true Girl you Rock!!! Good eye! Love the creation.
X