Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks - Day 1

Hi Everyone!

Its release week over at Taylored Expressions and this week and let me tell you - this release just about has knocked off my socks with its amazing awesomeness! Taylor will be releasing a TON of new stamps, dies and a special project pantry on Friday at 8am PST - so get ready for a week of fun sneak peeks! Today  the Baker's Dozen will be previewing two new stamp sets that Taylor will be releasing - one is called New Beginnings and the second is called Rest & Renewal (I love how these two sets coordinate with each other!) along  with some awesome new dies (yay!) one called the Frame it Up die (yay!) and the second are a trio of butterfly dies (yay!). 

Today, I am showing you some projects created with the New Beginnings stamp set which I was excited to concept and even more excited to see transformed into actual rubber! Taylor designed this stamp set and it is part of the "te" collection and I can't even tell you how much I have loved to work with this set! I love the start of a new year - and the feeling of freshness that it offers. I love the sentiments in here because they are so encouraging and positive. They can be used for giving a friend who is going through a hard time some encouragement, they are wonderful for creating a journal (especially about goals and new beginnings), awesome for scrapbooking and the roses and butterflies in this set are my faveeeeee! This stamp set has 13 rubber images which includes: 4 awesome quotes and 2 title sentiments, there are 3 butterflies in this set that match the butterfly dies (yay!) and there are two gorgeous roses - one that is solid - so all you have to do is ink it up and there is one that is an outline - so you can color it or paper piece it. There is also a large frame image that is 2.75" x 4" which coordinates with the Frame it Up die (yay!).

For my first project, I thought I would start with a little gift for me - from me :))) LOL! I wanted to create this for the new year - not only to write my goals for the year - but to journal more. With my kids and running to work and home - its hard for me to journal - so I decorated a small journal that I can keep in my purse and write in as I wait for the kids at school. 


I love the size of the frame because it is larger and can fit both larger sentiments and flower images and it is so nice to have a larger frame stamp that you can use for the front of a journal. This die also works beautifully and coordinates with the Rest and Renewal stamp set that you will see peeked from some of the Baker's Dozen DT. The trio of butterflies are awesome that they coordinate with the stamps in the New Beginnings set, but also because you can use them to cut out felt, DP, vellum, etc! (yay!)

For my next card, I wanted to use one of my fave quotes - it is sooo inspiring - I used the sentiment and kept the frame vertical and then inked the solid roses and matched it with the Leafy Branch die from Taylor's store.  There is something so encouraging after reading this quote and sometimes when I feel overwhelmed or when there are more clouds than sunshine in my life - it is so nice to read this quote and know that I can create the life I want - I just have to dream it and then go for it - and why not aim for the highest of whatever it is that you want - I love the feeling of this sentiment and its such a great sentiment to give to someone else who might be having a hard time - or even for a college or highschool graduate - to inspire them as the head for the next step in their life's journey :) I love how the butterfly dies go with the stamp set and also how you can just use them on their own. The littlest butterfly is cut using the small butterfly die:
For my last card, I used another gorgeous sentiment for the new year and added a wee bit of glitter to the roses with a little bit of ruffled ribbon and liquid pearls. I love this sentiment - and love all the possibilites that are waiting ahead this year!


Here is a picture of all three projects together:






I can't tell you how much fun I had creating these projects and it was so quick with the dies (If you're not familiar with Taylored Dies you learn more about them HERE).! I can't wait to see what beautiful creations the girls have created with all of the stamps that are being peeked today!!!


Please check them out here:




Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Stop on back tomorrow for Day 2 of sneak peeks!!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

24 comments:

Jan Musselman said...

Your cards are just lovely. I will enjoy the new set.

Regina Mangum said...

You are still as amazing as you were LAST year! Gorgeous and you are brilliant. I'm glad you made something for YOU. XOXO

Radha said...

Love the quotes!!!
My God they each look 100% gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

I love your cards, they are beautiful!

Karen Motz said...

Aren't gifts to ourselves the best ones ever!!! I love each of these projects...the colours are so vibrant and there's so much dimension on each one!!

Taylor said...

OMGosh...look at those glittery roses! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Every little detail is fabulous. I can't believe all those liquid pearls! Well... yes I can... you're Sankari! :)

Lea L. said...

These are gorgeous! I just LOVE the glittering on the roses...so pretty! ♥♥♥

Jami said...

Awesome concept for this set Sankari! Congrats! And of course your projects with it are amazing!

Peggy said...

Wonderful projects. Love the sparkle.
God bless,
Peggy Allen

Chinnu said...

Love your cards, Sankari. The quotes are really inspiring!

Karen Giron said...

Your cards and projects are works of art! I love the ribbon on your card - so beautiful!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous! I love the ribbon effect on your 3rd card.

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Oh my they all are just beautiful great creativity!!!
Jen

PatS said...

WOW how awesome your design are!!! Love the papers and glitter. I have try these dies' too.

Rose said...

All three of your projects are stunning, love all the ribbon details and so many others. Beautiful work.

Maureen said...

over the top gorgeous!!! LOVE how you've used the dies and all that bling!! Hugs!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Nothing short of stunning my friend!! I always have to mentally prepare myself for such awesomeness before I come visit you!! Positively gorgeous and all those glittered roses start me a droolin'! So glad you are gifting yourself with this! :). *HUGS*

Alina said...

Great cards! I love them! And the roses are so cool!

Jan Castle said...

great roses...beautiful cards!

Jen Tapler said...

You're AMAZING. That's it. That's all I got.

Laurie said...

Gosh what a fabulous set, I think you are the queen of gorgeous ... oh my how wonderful.

nise said...

I hopped over because of the Verve stuff, but I want you to know that I am drooling over these beauties! I am so glad I took a few minutes to look a little farther into your talents. I may have to look into using more glitter and pearls. You have inspired me. Thank you!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH I just LOVE these, Sankari! What beautiful projects!

Khyati said...

Hey if i am right.. U from India ?? And if yes.. I too love stamping.. but i don't find these.. how do u get them??