Friday, January 14, 2011

Viva La Verve- Week #3 (January 14,,2010)

Hi everyone!

Happy Friday! Every Friday there is a Viva La Verve Sketch that will be hosted by a different Verve Diva and today the loveliest Tosh is hosting the VLV challenge with this lovely sketch! I love tilted panels (as some of you know ;) and I couldn't wait to play along :) One of my sweet friends just had a little baby boy this week (yay!) and I loved getting peeks of his sweet cheeks on the pictures that they sent and couldn't wait to make a special card for them!


I used the sweet sentiments from the To The Moon stamp set which has the sweetest little baby stamps and sweetest sentiments and also I used one of the darling little Plain Janes of this cutie: Emery, who I think is one adorable Elephant! I wanted to have Emery hold the heart, so I cut is arms out a little bit so that he seems to be holding the heart:




Here is a close up of Emery and the I used the heart from the Love Notes stamp set and cut out the tag using the Sweet Scallop Tag. I added a little ribbon embellishment and wound some twine through their and attached a little tag to the bottom of it with the sentiment: Sweet Little Baby:



Card Ingredients:
Paper: Alphabet Soup (MME) and cardstock from PTI
Stamps: Emery (Plain Jane), Love Notes, To The Moon stamp sets from Verve Stamps
Inks: Tuxedo Black ink and Bahama Blue ink
A Cut Above Verve Dies: Sweet Scallop Tag die
Accessories: Eyelets (Making Memories), twine, liquid pearls, dimensionals, ribbon from stash, red lined tape and copics

I loved making this card for this tiny wee baby who has just made his appearance! I can't wait to hold him when they come next time into town - but in the meantime I am excited to send them a little card from all of us! :)

One lucky person can win the ENTIRE January release from Verve stamps!!! All you have to do is to complete all 4 Verve Sketches in January - check out all the details here; Viva La Verve (January)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

7 comments:

Ann said...

Eeee! SO cute!

Jodi Collins said...

OK...that does it. I need this set and I NEED it now! Off to order...you enabler you! Between you and Pedro I am going to be broke!

Monique said...

So adorable.. the little elephant is so cute!!

Rose said...

OMG this card is so stinkin cute, thanks goodness I bought the bundle and all the die cuts or I'd be ordering these right now too! Off to the stamp room for me, you have inspired me.

Curt in Indy said...

I always marvel at the detail in your beautiful card. This is stunning. Your gold dotting adds so much to the overall look of the card. Just stunning! Best, Curt

Beverly said...

Oh my gosh! This is just too cute!
All the color and dimension! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I might have to cave and get this set! Your cards rock girlfriend!