Monday, August 31, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You - Kazan's sketch #33 - I love you card :)

Good Morning Everyone,

Kazan has an awesome sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You today! And what is really cool behind the sketch is that the sponser this week is Living Rooms Direct - who asked us to pick something from their store (some piece, like furniture, lamps, rugs, etc.) as inspiration from which to make the card from. There are SO many things in the store that it was hard to pick just one - but as soon as I saw this rug in their contemporary rug section - I totally wanted to make a card from it.  
I used these texture-y velvet soft papers for my card - kind of mimicking the soft texture of the rug. I loved playing around and creating this card :)
Card Details:
Papers: inkadinkado
Ink: Real Ruby from SU!
Accessories: liquid pearls, black grommet, red bling from Martha, corner rounder, ribbon from stash. circle cutters from CM

Check out the rest of the DT's simply awesome creations!!! Hope you get a chance to play along this week! 

Have a great week!!!
Hugs!
Sankari :)

8 comments:

Kim Sonksen said...

OMG that is so spooky! That rug was one of the ones that I looked at for inspiration too.
But I would have never been able to produce a card as stunning as yours from it. Love the bold patterns and colours.
Fabulous as every week :)

America said...

What a FUN card!

gale said...

Gorgeous card! Love the red and black-what a classic combo that is.

Naomi said...

Oh, NICE! I love your style! Great take on a GREAT sketch. The colors look amazing, and the texture is incredible. I think you have now inspired me to clean off my desk and get to work...

Mari said...

Ooh! I *have* that paper! I haven't been able to really think of anything neat to do with it - buy you've made it look like a million bucks!
Love the colors & the way you punched that edge!

The Mama Monkey said...

OMW Sankari, this is awesome! I love everything about it...the colors, the way you layered that center half-circle...everything!!

anja curvers said...

So so beautiful love everything about it love that red/black colorcombo.

Radha said...

Love it so much!
Nice card!!!
Still cleaning getting up dated and will post sooooon!